Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Award Ticket - Hold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011 | 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
The EC US line has allowed me to put BA awards on hold while I transfer Starwood points, but they were not able to put partner flights on hold. YMMV
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 12:39 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by HIDDY
On a redemption?
Actually it was a MFU whereby the Company was paying the base fare.
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 1:04 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
I've had redemptions held for me for up to 72 hours. I'd had to book over the phone, as they weren't bookable on ba.com (open jaw on IB). The agent spontaneously offered to hold the reservations for me, though I wasn't expecting it and it allowed me to confirm a number of other aspects of my trip.
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Lobengula
Basically, if you don't have gold status you can hold the ticket until the next day, if you're gold you have up to three business days.
Perhaps I'm getting confused with another issue, but isn't the 15 redposit fee waived for Golds. In which case this is a total non-issue - you can book the tickets and then cancel them whenever you want without penalty.
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 3:07 am

Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
Perhaps I'm getting confused with another issue, but isn't the 15 redposit fee waived for Golds. In which case this is a total non-issue - you can book the tickets and then cancel them whenever you want without penalty.
Correct. It's generally a non-issue for Golds unless you are trying to construct a rather complicated itinerary.
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Non-status, US call center, I've been told

* No holds at all
* No holds on partner awards
* No holds when transferring Amex points, holds ok when transferring from other sources (like they'd know where you're really transferring from..)
* Holds are fine on all-BA metal
* Holds are fine

I've even done a seven day hold on a partner award.

I admit, I didn't want to see whether it would really stick for seven days, I was afraid that the partner might cancel out the untickeed reservation. But it's a partner that I've booked awards with directly and that hasn't gotten around to ticketing their own award reservations for a month, so..

Seems that there's little technical problem holding awards, but policy is not to do so (at least for plebes like me) though this is inconsistently applied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.