Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FYI: comair check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
FYI: comair check-in

Just a public service announcement to say the BA Comair check-in in SA is better than advertised on the main website and MMB. The SA version of the website does have the correct info.

In short you can check-in online at t-24. There are check-in machines at the airport (eg. PLZ) and they do allow check-in before t-2.

Even better! One of our party was on two separate BA tickets PLZ-JNB and JNB-LHR; the second sector BP was able to be issued at the Bag Drop in PLZ helping avoid the Jo'burg check-in experience, and get her to the JNB Shops/Lounge quicker.

Happy to report a superbly CC'd full flight from PLZ (from the Y end of the cabin); excellent hot meal.

Finally, the flight was delayed due to poor (regular) check-in facilities at PLZ not helped by having a kulula and our BA flights leaving at similar times.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by littlefish
Just a public service announcement to say the BA Comair check-in in SA is better than advertised on the main website and MMB.
^ I also was able to check in at T-24 on a mobile phone, as with BA mainline.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
... check-in facilities at PLZ not helped by having a kulula and our BA flights leaving at similar times.
Kulula and BA flights typically share the same plane - e.g. BA flight BA6238 is also MN6238 - and MN can be more expensive at short notice. (Perhaps your adjacent kulula flight was going elsewhere?)

Unfortunately, BA/MN sharing is not the case with PLZ-CPT, operated by MN but not by BA who expect passengers to fly via JNB (but also operated by SA Express). I for one would like to see BA with a wider SA network including PLZ-CPT.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
.. and a further public service announcement; this time out of Livingstone (LVI).

Unfortunately, the BA online check-in does not work out of LVI so my LVI-JNB and (worse!) JNB-LHR sectors could not get the seats selected at t-24. Did not know this, so beware if on this route and you're Blue or less.
Happily, I got through to BA CS and an excellent agent confirmed me and the wife (on separate Refs) were seated together.
I now have nice souvenir dot matrix boarding passes for those two sectors.

Also sorry to report that the Comair flight (in Y) was no longer a Hot Meal, just a nice beef sandwich and drink.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Also sorry to report that the Comair flight (in Y) was no longer a Hot Meal, just a nice beef sandwich and drink.
That'll be time of day driven. Comair will do hot meals on similar length flights in Y in the evening - at least a few months ago did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.