Redemption on CX/Code10 trouble!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hhonours Diamond
Redemption on CX/Code10 trouble!

I'm trying to booking the following itinerary

KHI-SIN/PEN-HKG-AMS

which is a valid routing on CX using 50k BA miles, however when booking the operator mentioned the system says cannot take telephone payments.

Spoke to a supervisor who said since this is a Code10 routing (ex-KHI) there is no way for them to take telephone payments and instead I'd have to book it online, which I cant do since its a multi-sector flight. Apparently this is due to increase levels of fraud, however I dont see how this applies here as I am a UK resident with a UK registered credit card.

The other option I was told is if I was BA Silver or Gold I could pay for this over the phone, which I'm not.

I've been really busting a gut to get these miles together and I'm very disappointed and annoyed this wasnt mentioned to me before (I've been ringing in many times recently to confirm the routing)

Do I have ANY other option here? Please help fellow flyertalks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.