Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

possible to see availability on asiamiles but BA agent says no availability?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Okay, I am trying to book a trip from JFK to KHH, I learned from here that I can check availability on asiamiles, but then when I called BA, the agent said there was none. Is it possible? I am calling again... but just want to make sure I am not wasting my time in calling.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:15 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

What are the flight #s/dates?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Have you tried using the free trial at Expert Flyer?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 3:06 pm

I often see CX releasing flights only for redemption using Asia miles. So, while searching on AM is a good way to gauge CX availability, awards seats are not always bookable by partners.

Try using BA's site to search for the flights. QF's site also may show CX availability, but that requires a convoluted manual workaround (if you have KVSTool, I suggest using that on the QF engine - it does the work that makes CX flights show up).

Originally Posted by Italy98
Have you tried using the free trial at Expert Flyer?
Unfortunately, I don't think EF has coverage for CX awards.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

The problem finally resolved when I called another agent. However, the following is my journey to book the trip

a. the flight I checked is for end of Oct and beginning of Nov. I want to stopover in Hong Kong, hence need a HKG to KHH connection, the problem was that the agent told me he absolutely could not find any flights for the month of Sept, Oct and Nov. What could I say if he insisted he couldn't see the flight.

b. I immediately called another agent, she was able to find an itenary for me, and it included a stop over in Hong Kong. She told me the service fee would be waived because I couldn't book on line. But because I wasn't too sure the spelling of my name on my passport, hence I didn't book (Even she could book for me, but it was obvious to me that she couldn't see the same availability as I saw on asiamiles)

c. Today, I checked ba.com as the agent yesterday told me she couldn't book flight she couldn't see, hence I checked on ba.com again today, but I searched the flight from JFK-> HKG and HKG->KHH seperately and found the schedule I liked. I called, the agent insisted that I have to pay the $20 service fee. I objected and explained that I had called 4 times previously and was specifically told that I did not have to pay. She told me she received alerts specifically that they could only waive the fee if the system were broken, I told her the system was broken. Won't budge. I tried the supervisor who again insisted on the $20.

d. called another agent and get a better schedule then yesterday.

Lesson learned. Keep calling if one does not work.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:59 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travelnj11
But because I wasn't too sure the spelling of my name on my passport, hence I didn't book

Originally Posted by travelnj11
Lesson learned. Keep calling if one does not work.
... and learn how to spell your own name before calling to book a flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.