Community
Wiki Posts
Search

52,000 Avios for Amex Plat sign-up!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
We're probably veering off into a seperate topic, but it's quite fun imagining everyone rushing to this thread to see what's posted.

I'd like to see the Sofitel loyalty card restored, or Marriott Gold as new benefits.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:10 am

Quidco

Originally Posted by Raffles
Not maliciously, but it could be an error. After all, they are already offering £60 cashback so why offer the additional exclusive Quidco carrot? (Assuming the relevant person doesn't know about the referral deal) And where are the Amex T&C's which always accompany this sort of offer?
Hi all,

Saw this offer too and was a bit perplexed. Sent quidco a support question yesterday asking for clarification. whilst I have had no reply, the offer of 40,000 MR points has all of a sudden expired. Interestingly the same offer is also appearing on Topcashback...

Matt
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by mattym
Hi all,

Saw this offer too and was a bit perplexed. Sent quidco a support question yesterday asking for clarification. whilst I have had no reply, the offer of 40,000 MR points has all of a sudden expired. Interestingly the same offer is also appearing on Topcashback...

Matt
I've PMed you in case you need a referral
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi all,

Matt
Welcome to FT mattym. I notice that QuidCo had an expiry date for the offer at the end of this month when i checked a few days back, but it looks this board was right to say people should check before assuming the offer is valid. I'd do the same with Topcashback too.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
I sent a support question to Quidco and they responded saying that the 40,000 MR points was an error. I need to consider cancelling the gold card to take up the platinum offer.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyoff
I sent a support question to Quidco and they responded saying that the 40,000 MR points was an error. I need to consider cancelling the gold card to take up the platinum offer.

I would recommend this... you can always apply for the gold card again afterwards!

If you need a referal, I am of course more than happy to offer it!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Interestingly the same offer is also appearing on Topcashback...

Matt
I've sent a message to Topcashback asking them to clarify the offer as it is still active.

I can't find anything in the T&C's that prevents you from holding a Gold Card and it doesn't mention the £1500 min spend in 3 months either .

(If I get an answer I will update this thread)
Old Mar 23, 2011, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
Poor customer care

I got a referral from Raffles for the card.

The initial application for the card and a supplementary card did not give an immediate answer, which was no surprise. A few days later I received a letter requesting I complete some detail including card security number and myself and the supplementary cardholder sign the enclosed form and return the form to enable the cards to be issued. Without the cards this obviously could not be carried out. I phoned Amex Plat number and was advised I was not the first person to call with this issue. I was also advised simply to ignore the request for the card security number and send the form back – which I duly did.

The following day my card arrived and I activated it online and started to use it without any problems.

A couple of days passed, but still no sign of my wife’s supplementary card. I phoned them again and spoke to a very polite and helpful lady. She checked the system but could not see reference for a supplementary card. She could not speak to New Card department on Saturday afternoon, but requested I leave the problem with her and she would phone me on Tuesday when she was back in the office.

From the initial contacts I was hopeful of better customer care than that provided with the Gold card, but I have unfortunately been proven wrong. We are now late morning on Wednesday and no phone call yet and no supplementary card either.

It looks as though I will have to chase them again – not a good start. Especially as poor customer care was one of the reasons for cancelling the Gold card.

Anybody want a referral and see if you have better luck?

Last edited by stevie-d; Mar 24, 2011 at 7:39 am
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by happeemonkee
I've sent a message to Topcashback asking them to clarify the offer as it is still active.

I can't find anything in the T&C's that prevents you from holding a Gold Card and it doesn't mention the £1500 min spend in 3 months either .

(If I get an answer I will update this thread)
Just had a response from topcashback regarding 40k points:

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

This information has now been removed from the merchant's page, as it seems that this offer has now ended.

Our apologies for any confusion.

Not sure where the cashback websites got their info from. Seems strange...

Matt
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
This information has now been removed from the merchant's page, as it seems that this offer has now ended.

Translation:

We b*ggered up and put an invalid scheme on our site and are now covering our a*se.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:01 am

Just had a response from topcashback regarding 40k points:

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

Our apologies for any confusion.

Not sure where the cashback websites got their info from. Seems strange...

Matt
Stick with FT - we have the most uptodate info on here Don't forget my offer if you need a referral.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Seems incredible incompetence, but how would both Topcashback and Quidco make the same mistake? I hope anyone who has applied is able to stop the process and reapply via a referral. The cashback is always a bit problematic, I had to fight to get mine with the gold card through Quidco, but the points bonus is somethingelse altogether! Anyway, while I'm here I'll shamelessly repeat my kind offer to help anyone needing a referral for the Plat card, just PM me
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:25 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
With offers like this, it's always good to take a screen shot of the offer, as they do change quite a bit, so you have some proof of what it was when you applied, in case of issues. That said, we've not really had it confirmed that they won't honour the points if you applied via a cashback site.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
An update to post #743.

I phoned Amex Plat yesterday and unsurprisingly the customer service agent I spoke to could find no record on the system of my telephone call on Saturday.

He put me on hold and spoke to New Cards dept. He informed me he had been advised that my wife’s supplementary card details were on the system and it would be issued with 7-10 days. He claimed they were waiting for the completed signed form to be returned before any cards could be issued, but I am already in possession of mine.

He was very apologetic about the previous agent not following my call as promised and did acknowledge they had not got off to a good start.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Raffles
42,000 miles, pah! Now THIS is a sign-up bonus (sadly only for Americans):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ture-card.html

Basically, $1,100 for signing up for a credit card!! The only condition being you spend it on travel. $2,200 if your wife gets one as well.
Actually, there is more news on this. It seems that Capital One has a promo going with Hyatt. This effectively means that you can take $1,800 in Hyatt vouchers if you want. So, $3,600 if you and your partner got one of these cards. Even for the US market, this must be a record for a sign-up bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.