Community
Wiki Posts
Search

52,000 Avios for Amex Plat sign-up!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Unlikely as it seems, if anyone gets this far and still needs a referrer, I'm happy to help. PM me...
Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:43 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Aargh! Applied for and got a Plat Charge Card only last week - thinking I'd missed the 40,000 promo and they'd not have another one for ages. Decided to bite the bullet anyway because the travel insurance benefits are good, then this comes along....

Oh well, would have been ineligible anyway - I have a Gold Charge Card which still has the best MR return on travel spend (and hence BA mileage).

So, I can heartily recommend and refer anyone who wants a Plat after 28/9 - should there be any of you remaining.

Don't be shy if you have a BMI MBNA Card, they are well below the genuine Amex radar (and as others have pointed out - not a charge card)
Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:50 am

If anyone gets this far down the thread and still(!) needs a referral, Im happy to help out via a PM.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 3:03 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Questions on this...

1) What is household income needed for plat card? My wife has just got BA Amex and me the gold card, so she can get the plat card i think...

2) Can i be a supplementary card holder on her account even if i have gold card and we still get the miles? I spend much more than she does you see!

Cheers
Old Sep 17, 2010, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Also available to refer someone if needed... PM me
Old Sep 17, 2010, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Obviously I am happy to refer anyone
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Jamjaw
1) What is household income needed for plat card? My wife has just got BA Amex and me the gold card, so she can get the plat card i think...
40k combined.

2) Can i be a supplementary card holder on her account even if i have gold card and we still get the miles? I spend much more than she does you see!
I believe this should present no problem, however if concerned about this you could also get yourself added as the supplementary card holder at a later date.

[Still happy to refer someone... anyone!]
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by JPS76
If anyone gets this far down the thread and still(!) needs a referral, Im happy to help out via a PM.
Ditto, late to the party as usual
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond
Happy to do a referral - PM me!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by David-A
40k combined.

I believe this should present no problem, however if concerned about this you could also get yourself added as the supplementary card holder at a later date.

[Still happy to refer someone... anyone!]

But if she does not get the £1,500 spend would be pointless
Old Sep 17, 2010, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Jamjaw
But if she does not get the £1,500 spend would be pointless
Sorry, I thought your concern was about ongoing spend, not getting the 1,500 through the card.

On the plus side, you do have 3 months! But yes, having just done two sign up spends myself, and having bought some expensive stuff just before then, I'm starting to really run out of anything to buy or renew!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 5:16 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
another referrer available here.

Are we allowed to offer anything in return ? Should this go onto Coupon Connections ?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 7:31 am
GWH

Programs: LH SEN
More than willing to refer... but so far down the list!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:21 am

Does anyone know if the referree must be a UK resident? (which I am not).

I can apply for an Amex Plat EUR charge card through my bank (HSBC Offshore), but not sure how to deal with the referral issue and whether the offer applies to me, too.

I suspect it wouldn't work for me. Any views?

Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by topigo
I can apply for an Amex Plat EUR charge card through my bank (HSBC Offshore), but not sure how to deal with the referral issue and whether the offer applies to me, too.
No, I very much believe thouse cards (available to people worldwide in EUR and USD) are a 'different card' card offering, quite possibly from a totally different part of American Express. (Think you also get different perks IIRC).

Really can't see it being valid for the offer at all.

[Also, a pit they stopped making the GBP one of these available, could have sent them at least 5 GOOD clients this year alone...]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.