Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

WW visit to BGI in October - NF dare I ask?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WW visit to BGI in October - NF dare I ask?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:20 am
pb3
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Wink WW visit to BGI in October - NF dare I ask?

I notice that Willie Walsh will be visiting Barbados during October 9th to 12th and will be giving the keynote speech at the Caribbean Tourism Organisation leadership conference.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/34/...an-conference/

I'm wondering whether BA will seize this PR opportunity to show off the new F, WT and WT+ by flying him in/out on the new 777-300. Some logistics involved but given this is over a month away it is certainly doable.

I'd be gutted if they did this however as i would miss this flight by a couple of days

What are the chances i wonder ?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by pb3
Slim to none, I wager.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by pb3
Extremely unlikely I would think.

Apart from the logistics of it, I'm not sure how it would help at this point in time when the new cabins are on just a handful of aircraft, and the LGW 777's, which operate to the Caribbean, are usually the last to get a refurb. It would be inappropriate to show brand new cabins in a specific region when they're not going to be offered in that region in the immediate future.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:55 am
pb3
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Extremely unlikely I would think.

Apart from the logistics of it, I'm not sure how it would help at this point in time when the new cabins are on just a handful of aircraft, and the LGW 777's, which operate to the Caribbean, are usually the last to get a refurb. It would be inappropriate to show brand new cabins in a specific region when they're not going to be offered in that region in the immediate future.
Sigh.. I accept that you're probably both correct

I remember many years back when BA launched a new route by laying on a Concorde - it may even have been at LGW - can't remember now.

Completely different circumstances I know...... still one can live in hope
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:27 am
pb3
Original Poster

Talking Chuckle

According to recent posts on the Tracking NF thread BA is using a 777-200 (G-VIIU) equipped with NF on the LGW-BGI route during the period October 8th - 15th, overlapping WW's 3 day visit.

1 out 2 ain't bad. Pity I didn't do a wager on it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.