Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do you remember losing your FT virginity - and was it welcomed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others

Having just welcomed another FT first time poster it got me thinking, a) that I didn't remember the subject of my own first ever FT post (although I knew the approximate date from my FT-joining date) and, b) whether anyone ever posted me a 'welcome to FT'.

Being exceptionally quiet in CAI today (second Friday of Ramadan) I've just investigated - no FT welcome ever received!

So can anyone else recall:

a) date of first post;
b) subject of first post;
c) whether a contemporaneous welcome was received, and who gave it.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:07 am

Without looking, I can't remember my first post but I can remember the first thread I started in that BingBongBoy did his best to help me while most people ignored me, immediately establishing himself as my favourite FTer even if he doesn't know it.

I don't recall anyone welcoming me off the top of my head.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
May 30 2007, 3.30pm Why no Saver tickets in FIRST?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:23 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Nope, no welcome at all.

Although I have since welcomed so many new FTers.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had to look it up as I did not remember either and the FT search engine returned a post dated Feb 26, 2000 in a thread started by markie on KLM Discontinue STN-EDI/GLA.

Oddly enough, the second post in this thread was by Merry (odd in the sense that I would not have seen Merry as being interested in KLM UK domestic services).

A trip down memory lane: there was even a post in that thread saying that this was no big deal as "Go (a BA subsidiary) recently started service to Edinburgh out of London Stansted" .

And no, there was no welcome, but, IIRC, I don't think that welcomes were less frequent in them days.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I remember but I guess it wasn't anywhere near as long ago as some of you

Mine was regarding the cancellation of the mid-morning weekend flight from LHR-MAN. I was welcomed by the lovely sunrisegirl if my memory serves me correctly ^
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SAS EB
Not very frequent FTer

Can not remember the first thread I joined but I'm sure I never started one (or have I?).

But I do remember being welcomed by a lot of people and feeling a warm connection with most BA flyers on here.

I still feel like this are my kind of people when reading some of the threads
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:14 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Bit of a slow day here too - so I looked it up, because my memory doesn't quite stretch that far. I think I'm part of a small group of people who joined from the KLM uk forum in Jan/Feb 2000 in response to the Latinpass challenge, like NickB just three posts earlier - although he's clearly been much more active in posting than I have been.

And no - I didn't get welcomed. In fact the first post I made ended the thread. Maybe that's why I didn't post that much, in fear of prematurely ending other people's threads.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
I think I'm part of a small group of people who joined from the KLM uk forum in Jan/Feb 2000 in response to the Latinpass challenge, like NickB just three posts earlier
Indeed. I half-expected my first post to be a Q about the Latinpass Million miles run and was surprised that it was not.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Can't remember but it is a fascinating question. How do you display your posts from so far back. I can only get back to Apr 09 by searchning?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Can't remember but it is a fascinating question. How do you display your posts from so far back. I can only get back to Apr 09 by searchning?
Go into advanced search, select search by user name (and put your user name, obviously) and select the relevant options in the bottom panel for it to show all posts, starting from the earliest.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Pretty sure this was my first FT post.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I think this is your first post.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
My first post was 5 years ago this month.

It was a question about doing a Glasgow-Campbeltown turnaround, I think BA were doing a "fly x flights, earn x000 miles" promo at the time.
It only received one response, but the same question had been asked by fraisse10 2 weeks earlier...oops!

I didn't receive a welcome, but it did teach me to search before posting.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You can use the option to display search results by post, in ascending order of post date. That will show you your first posts to FT.

I was surprised to see how many posts I'd made on FT before I dared to post on the BA board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.