Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Success in award to SYD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Success in award to SYD

I was able to book on points (all from Chase BA) two first class tickets from US to SYD with stopovers each way in London, in Feb. 2011. Used the BOGO cert. from Chase for 280,000 points. Found flights online, but had to call to book. Only semi surprise was the 3k in fees and taxes, but still a good deal. I am posting not to brag, but to show others what was available
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:18 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by tinnub
I was able to book on points (all from Chase BA) two first class tickets from US to SYD with stopovers each way in London, in Feb. 2011. Used the BOGO cert. from Chase for 280,000 points. Found flights online, but had to call to book. Only semi surprise was the 3k in fees and taxes, but still a good deal. I am posting not to brag, but to show others what was available
When did you book these?
I also had success in Feb 2011 but that seemed to be all there was. Wanted to go in January but happy with Feb.
I booked mine approx 6 weeks ago.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I have noticed that a lot of F inventory opened up recently. South Africa for instance is easy to book in F now. AUS is always snatched up like there is no tomorrow.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by duncas
When did you book these?
I also had success in Feb 2011 but that seemed to be all there was. Wanted to go in January but happy with Feb.
I booked mine approx 6 weeks ago.
Booked yesterday and the outbound and inbound I booked were the only days available.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Blue, BMI Blue+
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I have noticed that a lot of F inventory opened up recently. South Africa for instance is easy to book in F now. AUS is always snatched up like there is no tomorrow.
Yep - South Africa in F is definitely easy to book. Got 5 in F to CPT, 5 in F back from JNB on Saturday flights in Jan 2011 about 3 weeks ago, all passengers on same flights.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JonWB
Yep - South Africa in F is definitely easy to book. Got 5 in F to CPT, 5 in F back from JNB on Saturday flights in Jan 2011 about 3 weeks ago, all passengers on same flights.
Which probably explains why I wasn't able to get any availability for two in Jan... Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.