Wiki Posts
Search

Maldives Business Class Avails

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Maldives Business Class Avails

Trying to take advantage of the 100K BA Chase Visa offer and companion mileage award coupon!

Looking to go to Maldives in mid-Nov, flexible on dates. Of course, at this stage of the game, BA is showing no award seats in Business. Considering that November is not peak season, any thoughts as to whether they will open up seats close to the date. The agent claimed that 'about 60%' of Business Class seats are already sold.

I suppose other option might be to fly into BOM/MAA/HYD where there is daily service, instead of thrice weekly and pick up a puddle jumper. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 7:12 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
read the FAQs, bloody 100k freeloaders, blah blah blah.

Sorry just anticipating the replies.

Tip for Americans who got lots of miles for nothing - it's best not to mention it, because it's most aggravating to the (majority) British who did not get such a deal.

Why would you expect to be able to get an award seat (free) only 4 months in advance? For premium destinations it's common at this point to only have 1 seat in each direction for the entire month.

If you want a redemption on a specific route, you need to book it 355 days in advance, when the booking window opens. Otherwise, be prepared to take whatever route you can get.

Last edited by meester69; Jul 21, 2010 at 7:17 am
Old Jul 21, 2010, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Annecdotally MLE seems to be doing very well up front. On that basis I'd suggest there is a chance something might open up right before departure ( eg 1-2 weeks). Doubt you'll see anything before then, assuming rev man manage MLE like other good yielding leisure routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.