Search

IAM Jet Center Barbados

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2010, 6:41 pm
K&C
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
IAM Jet Center Barbados

Am I correct in thinking that CW passengers can do drive through check-in/bag drop at the Jet Center and then proceed to the main terminal and use the lounge there?
I have printed our boarding card for tomorrow's trip home but there is no mention of the Jet Center check-in.
Since the BA and Virgin flight leave within 5mins of each other I presume the check-in area in the main building will be a scrum or is it well organized?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 7:15 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

You can do IAM, it'll take no more than a minute and is a good fail safe incase it is busy inside the terminal. The best thing about IAM is you can leave it as late as possible. Make sure you have transport back to the main terminal, you could walk it, but it may take upto 5/10 minutes.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
You used have to pay if club world to use the jet centre.
Virgin pax will be in a different check in to Ba obviously and you will have a separate club desk to the economy pax-so what are you worried about?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 1:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
To be honest we went through a few weeks ago and the checkin was empty, you can see how busy it is directly from the drop off outside so it's probably worth heading to main terminal first and then use IAM if needed.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Earthman
I'm off to BGI in November, so curious whether Gold Card holders (and their companions) have to pay if travelling in CW or just non-status CW passengers?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:31 am

Programs: VS Silver/BD * Silver/BAEC 'lifetime' Blue/Porsche Assistance ...
Out of interest, how long ago was that as I've been using the drive through check-in facility annually since 2004 and it's always been a free service?

Originally Posted by FrancisA
I'm off to BGI in November, so curious whether Gold Card holders (and their companions) have to pay if travelling in CW or just non-status CW passengers?
All CW ticket holders irrespective of status are entitled to use the drive through check-in, however as BA no longer promote this facility, only regulars and pax "in the know" are aware of this facility.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:33 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by FrancisA
You do not have to pay. CW pax are only allowed to use the drive through Check in part of the service. First pax stay at the jet centre and get driven to the steps. Only exception is if you are at Sandy Lane where you can pay to stay in the lounge/use drive through check in regardless of travel class.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 7:02 am
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Originally Posted by tom139
You do not have to pay. CW pax are only allowed to use the drive through Check in part of the service. First pax stay at the jet centre and get driven to the steps. Only exception is if you are at Sandy Lane where you can pay to stay in the lounge/use drive through check in regardless of travel class.
How would that work? I thought there were a limited number of seats (14?) in the Jet Centre lounge to cater for a full FC cabin.

If what you've written holds true then surely a situation could easily arise where First passengers are unable to use the lounge due to it being filled up by Club World and WT plebs!

Mind you I wouldn't imagine that the typical Sandy Lane customer flies WT, but I'm open to correction
Old Jul 17, 2010, 7:58 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm certainly thinking there are 14/15 seats in there. But don't forget there's many conference and waiting rooms in the facility. If it came to it I'm sure they will overspill into another room.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Motors
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm certainly thinking there are 14/15 seats in there. But don't forget there's many conference and waiting rooms in the facility. If it came to it I'm sure they will overspill into another room.
Sandy Lane pax have their own private lounge on the ground floor. This is partly because BA pay for their lounge in the jet centre and partly for capacity restrictions.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:50 am

Quote from the Sandy Lane Website:

Originally Posted by Sandy Lane

JET CENTRE

For our guests who are British Airways Passengers travelling in First Class, British Airways offers complimentary check-in & lounge facilities at its Jet Centre at the Grantley Adams International Airport. Any guest travelling in Club Class or Economy on British Airways may also use the Jet Centre facility but at an extra charge and it must be pre-booked with the Sandy Lane Concierge. Before you arrive at the airport, your seat request can be recorded and your boarding card ready for collection by using the British Airways Fax Check-in service.

For further information or to make a booking, please call the Concierge. Charged at US$75.00 per person
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by tom139
Sandy Lane pax have their own private lounge on the ground floor. This is partly because BA pay for their lounge in the jet centre and partly for capacity restrictions.
Is there an upstairs in that building?
To clarify,it was once when staying in sandy lane [ground floor luxury ocean room and it remains my favourite!] that we when traveling Cw paid for Iam jet access.
That was 3 years ago.
The first time we went to Bgi,the iam centre was not available for cw check in/luggage on its own as it is now.
personally I found being driven to the plane and last to board a special experience but the lounge cramped and a disappointment.
So at all other times we just used the airside lounge which wasn't there either untill a few years ago as you know but others mightn't.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:13 am

Is there an upstairs in that building?
To clarify,it was once when staying in sandy lane [ground floor luxury ocean room and it remains my favourite!] that we when traveling Cw paid for Iam jet access.
That was 3 years ago.
The first time we went to Bgi,the iam centre was not available for cw check in/luggage on its own as it is now.
personally I found being driven to the plane and last to board a special experience but the lounge cramped and a disappointment.
So at all other times we just used the airside lounge which wasn't there either untill a few years ago as you know but others mightn't.
Yes the actual BA Lounge for First pax is upstairs in a BA branded room. I haven't used the main terminal for years so can't comment recently but from what I remember the Club Caribbean lounge was hell. Whilst the Jet Centre isn't by any means luxurious, being driven to the steps is indeed very special. CW Sandy Lane pax use one of the downstairs rooms.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:24 am

Yeah it was one of the downstairs rooms we were in and it was like being in an office waiting room.
Are you talking about the old carribean lounge or the new one.
The new one is airside and actually very nice.

The only picture I could find online doesn't give you an idea of the size,it is large and airy and has views of the runway,the parked planes and down onto the inside departure gates.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chennet...9347550/page2/
Old Jul 18, 2010, 4:19 am
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Yeah it was one of the downstairs rooms we were in and it was like being in an office waiting room.
Are you talking about the old carribean lounge or the new one.
The new one is airside and actually very nice.

The only picture I could find online doesn't give you an idea of the size,it is large and airy and has views of the runway,the parked planes and down onto the inside departure gates.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chennet...9347550/page2/
I can vouch for the Airlines Lounge that is in departures. I used it a few times in the past.

It is very spacious and airy with a couple of plasma TVs around a central bar. I believe it also has a kids play area, and it does have free Wifi. There is a small selection of snacks, eg fruit salad, crisps and biscuits, coffee, tea, soft drinks. There is also a quite decent selection of alcoholic beverages - I love the rum punch Unfortunately there are no showers

Oh and it has a fantastic view of the apron.

The Jet Centre is much smaller I understand. It does have showers and champagne is on offer ^ I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

I'll do a trip report after my next trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.