Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ba complaints process

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Ba complaints process

Has anyone else had issues with British Airways complaints procedure?
I made a complaint in May, it was a simple issue that wa easy to resolve but they have dragged it out for two months with no reply since one useless responce after I had already landed back home.
I called and asked for the complaints resolution procedure and BA's guidelines for dealing with complaints.
The reply - "Sir we dont have guidelines or a timescale to resolve the issue in unless you are a executive club member"
So BA dont care unless you are a "member", well that just adds to my list of complaints, BA suck at customer satisfaction and despite the annoying on hold music that says we are important it is clearly rubbish.
I have never come across a company that was so useless at dealing with complaints, what is funny is they told me they were unable to reply as they currently had 95,000 complaints, well thats not a surprise BA your crap and no wonder your staff go on strike.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk chris4543

I'm sorry you haven't had a satisfactory response from BA.

Since you're new you may not have noticed yet, but there is a whole forum for British Airways. You'll get more knowledgable responses there so I'll move this over for you.

Kiwi Flyer
OW moderator
Old Jul 8, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk....

I can sense you're anger, and I happen to agree ( see my post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...om-strike.html ).

However, I've found that ranting rarely helps (or in the end makes you feel better). To say "BA your (sic) crap and no wonder your staff go on strike" doesn't help. You may not have heard that there was, on top of the strike, a volcano on this side of the world which caused a problem or two and, I'm sure, gave rise to quite a number of complaints.

Frankly, given the number of complaints currently, I would expect them to prioritise those who earn the company the most revenue over those who have never flown with them before and/or joined the Executive Club.

If you give an idea of the nature of your issue somebody may be able to help as they may have had a similar experience.

Alternatively you may wish to send a personal message to BAHelper or BA Executive Club.....

Last edited by LondonAndy; Jul 8, 2010 at 2:09 pm Reason: Forgot to say welcome - how rude!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by chris4543
Has anyone else had issues with British Airways complaints procedure?
Maybe you could explain to us the nature of your complaint? This might be helpful and you can get some advice from this excellent forum
Old Jul 8, 2010, 3:08 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Look I am very frustrated at British Airways.

Careful scholars will note I had no IFE on my recent flight LHR - GRU - EZE (separate trip report).

On board I filled in a form for 15,000 miles compensation, payable within 2 weeks of the flight.

After 2 weeks I wrote to customer services.

Now I've still not received a reply. Tomorrow I will be writing on paper and sending it through the post.

I didn't get something I paid for. I had awful, reduced catering (despite being 2 days after the strike), a broken footstool and no IFE for a 16 hour flight and they've done nothing.

Not impressed.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 3:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I think the lead time is fairly long at the moment, with the ash and the strike causing them more work than usual.

Claims I sent off about 7 weeks ago have just been dealt with, with an apology for the delay in responding. I have two more outstanding matters that have been going on for a bit longer but I did get an interim response to them too, and I expect BA to have brought this to satisfactory conclusion before long.

Other airlines are taking longer (much longer than BA), and even my insurer is being slow, mentioning increased claim volumes.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC, HH, PC
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I think the lead time is fairly long at the moment, with the ash and the strike causing them more work than usual.

Claims I sent off about 7 weeks ago have just been dealt with, with an apology for the delay in responding. I have two more outstanding matters that have been going on for a bit longer but I did get an interim response to them too, and I expect BA to have brought this to satisfactory conclusion before long.

Other airlines are taking longer (much longer than BA), and even my insurer is being slow, mentioning increased claim volumes.
I'm also still waiting for a response to a claim for effectively being downgraded from CE to ET during the strike but after 5 weeks I've not heard a dicky bird.

I guess it is a combination of too many complaints to deal with plus them wanting to stretch out the time-scales to help manage their cash flow.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by andset1191
Look I am very frustrated at British Airways... Not impressed.
If I am not impressed with the service I get then I have the option to take my business to another service provider.

I really do not understand why some airline service users have a mindset that says that even though I am not impressed with the service I got I will nonetheless seek some additional FF miles which will somehow make everything OK again
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:59 am

Angry BA complaints

Why not write to head office? Someone I know did.

Not that they will ever get a reply. They were so angry about what happened to them that they wrote anonymously.

My friend said she had to literally bite her tongue as she wrote the letter so she didn't mention any names.

She didn't wish to lose anyone their livelyhood (Not that BA would have sacked them anyway) even though her mental health suffered like you wouldn't believe after what happend to her. So she might find it harder to get a job what with prejudice the way it is.

The wreckless few are so apt at ruining it for all the hardworking staff who do respect the customer or dare I say the hand that feeds them.

If they want payrises and perks then they ought to make an effort so that people actually want to fly BA. Not put them off.

Last edited by NeverBAagain; Jul 19, 2011 at 2:17 pm
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by NeverBAagain
Why not write to head office? Someone I know did.

Not that they will ever get a reply. They were so angry about what happened to them that they wrote anonymously.

My friend said she had to literally bite her tongue as she wrote the letter so she didn't mention any names.

She didn't wish to lose anyone their livelyhood (Not that BA would have sacked them anyway) even though her mental health suffered like you wouldn't believe after what happend to her.

The wreckless few are so apt at ruining it for all the hardworking staff who do respect the customer or dare I say the hand that feeds them.

If they want payrises and perks then they ought to make an effort so that people actually want to fly BA. Not put them off.
Rather an overreaction don't you think

I've had a few issues with BA and every single time without fail have written in - using pen and paper (well computer keyboard and paper) - and I've been responded to in a matter of days. The answers may not always be what I wanted to hear but to say they don't respond is rubbish.

Mind you, if people write anonymously then why would they expect a response? Has it ever occurred to your friend that BA had no idea who to write back to?

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to let us know what your friend's problem was, or will we never hear from you again after your rant?

PS - what do pay rises and perks have to do with anything?

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Jul 16, 2011 at 11:23 am
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: BA
I feel compelled to ask what happened ?????
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:39 am

BA complaints

I think the only person who can judge whether what happened to my friend was an overreaction or not is my friend.

Not my place to decide for her what is/is not upsetting. I'm not her. I've not had to deal with what she has had to in her life.

I doubt she wanted a response if she wrote anonymously. She just wanted to get rid of some of the anger it had caused her. That's her human right so long as she respected the rights of others which I think she did. Better than thumping someone.

Not sure my friend would be very happy about what I posted but it was anonymously so hopefully she wouldn't mind.

I just don't think putting customers off is a wise thing to do when you are trying to get better pay deals. After all, if there are less customers the company makes less money. If the company makes - I'm not going to insult anyones IQ any further.

By the way, I don't think my friend would want to be my friend anymore if I disclosed any further information. Best to be careful what one says to people one doesn't know well just in case they take advantage of that information.

Last edited by NeverBAagain; Jul 18, 2011 at 1:59 pm
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by NeverBAagain
I doubt she wanted a response if she wrote anonymously.
But your earlier post complained that nobody had responded to her.

Of course she, and anyone else, is entitled to write to air their views. Nothing wrong with that at all. But is it appropriate to rant that she was not responded to when you go on to say "I doubt she wanted a response ..."?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:04 pm

I was only making a suggestion about making a complaint to head office.

Not complaining that my friend didn't get a reply.

The idea for her was to put the incident to bed so she could let go of some of the anger.

The aim wasn't to cause more trouble for BA. They do that well enough for themselves.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Something fishy about this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.