Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Brain Density Issue - Terribly "Newbie" Question Alert - Mileage Redemption in F...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brain Density Issue - Terribly "Newbie" Question Alert - Mileage Redemption in F...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium

I am so sorry... I am tired at the end of my 7 day block and am confused and a bit baffled by something.

Am I correct in my surmising that it is 150,000 BA miles in F to US west coast?

Thanks, and sorry...

Mods, move if you want...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Yes it is.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:48 pm

Remember the tax!!!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
ohh BBB I know why you asked, you just wanted to be sure as it is such good value for a long hop [I think it is btw]

J
Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Hi BBB,

Yes it certainly is! You have been doing a lot of flying/collecting!

Have a good trip!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:09 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I am so sorry... I am tired at the end of my 7 day block and am confused and a bit baffled by something.

Am I correct in my surmising that it is 150,000 BA miles in F to US west coast?

Thanks, and sorry...

Mods, move if you want...
Yes 150,000 return flight in First anywhere in North America including Domestic connections (but remember the tax is higher with a connection involved).

Enjoy the Concorde Room !
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
...or a mere 125k to fly out in F and back in J: enjoy the full F experience on the day flight on the outbound, save a few miles as you'll be asleep for much of the night flight back!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Howld ya horses man!

I havant booked nowt yet man!

I am just a tad confused. I have 105,000 miles in my HHA, when I see if there is availability in F, it says I have 105,000 miles available. Then, when I select the flights and get the error message telling me I am short of miles, it tells me I am 86,000 miles short...

So, am I not able to use the HHA miles in an F redemption?

Thanks,
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by BugAlugs
ohh BBB I know why you asked, you just wanted to be sure as it is such good value for a long hop [I think it is btw]

J
150k in F to W.Coast USA is the best use of miles IMO. Chuck in a 2-4-1 and your laughing...

Last edited by pazza2000; Jul 1, 2010 at 2:23 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
Howld ya horses man!

I am just a tad confused. I have 105,000 miles in my HHA, when I see if there is availability in F, it says I have 105,000 miles available. Then, when I select the flights and get the error message telling me I am short of miles, it tells me I am 86,000 miles short...

Thanks,
Bloody odd. Have used HHA for many F redemptions so it can't be that. 105k + 86k = odd number! It's definitely 150k in F to the US. Is this a 'normal' LHR to (say) SFO flight - no odd routing or AAnother flight involved?

V strange.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pazza2000
150k in F to W.Coast USA is the best use of miles IMO. Through in a 2-4-1 and your laughing...
I have no one to take with me, so no need for 2-4-1... *cry*
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Howld ya horses man!

Thanks,
Very odd..

I have 45,000 miles available in my HHA. If I select F flights for a west coast redemption, it says I have a shortfall of 67000 miles..
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by majoreyeswater
Bloody odd. Have used HHA for many F redemptions so it can't be that. 105k + 86k = odd number! It's definitely 150k in F to the US. Is this a 'normal' LHR to (say) SFO flight - no odd routing or AAnother flight involved?

V strange.
I know. However, the 86000 I am short, added to my personal balance, would add up to the 150000 required. It seems to exclude the balance added from the HHA... I am just confused.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
You can only use a portion of the HHA miles though, can't you? You won't be able to use the full amount as some of them will belong to the other members on the account. At least that's what happened to me when I tried to make a booking on my HHA.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stu1985
You can only use a portion of the HHA miles though, can't you? You won't be able to use the full amount as some of them will belong to the other members on the account. At least that's what happened to me when I tried to make a booking on my HHA.
You can use the lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.