Search

Tier Points with Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Tier Points with Iberia

Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering if IB Business Reduced fares will allow you collect Tier Points. IB offer a Business Reduced fare of around €290 from DUB - MAD - BCN. Will these flights earn me 80 TP's?

Also, if I book ORK - BOS via LHR in WT+ will I earn TP's for the ORK - LHR leg although it is operated by EI. My understanding is that if the ORK - LHR flight has a BA code (BA5722) then I will earn TP's but if it is booked with an EI code (EI722) then I will not earn any TP's...

Thanks,

K
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Yes, all business class fares earn full tier points. You can double check the miles and TPs on the calculator on ba.com.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:45 pm

Yes, I got them going to HAV over Easter. 40 to MAD and 120 for the MAD - HAV leg.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Genius1
Yes, all business class fares earn full tier points. You can double check the miles and TPs on the calculator on ba.com.
Does this apply if you are on a IB branded and sold flight rather than a BA codeshare on IB metal?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by OPebble
Does this apply if you are on a IB branded and sold flight rather than a BA codeshare on IB metal?
Which part? The tier points/miles or using the calculator, or both?

All IB business class fares earn TPs. I have booked with Iberia the lowest business class price and received tier points. AFAIK all oneworld business classes are tier-point earning. It's just the lowest economy fares that don't, and of course AA flights across the pond.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Agree with Genius1/ I have also booked IB Business Discounted and got full tier points

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by Genius1
It's just the lowest economy fares that don't, and of course AA flights across the pond.
Why do AA not award BAEC tier points for International travel???
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by badoc
All part of the historical agreement between AA and BA. I believe that once the AA/BA/IB merger is finalised that BA members will earn miles and TPs on AA TATL flights.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by badoc
Hi

AA do not award BA tier points or miles ONLY on AA transatlantic routes. For all other routes tier point and miles are awarded on on eligble fares

BA likewise do not give miles to Advantage members on USA-UK flights only ( all other flights inc Can-UK are eligible)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 23, 2010, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
I confirm IB business class (including discounted) posts normal TPs. They usually post in about 3 days, though occasionally it can take up to a week. By the way IB's hard product on long-haul is very good, proper non-tilt lie-flat seats, with an excellent selection of routes to Latin America. MAD T4S is also a very nice terminal, with an excellent lounge (though there are long distances to overcome).
Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Do IB give TPs on the MAD-BCN shuttle in business class? I got its once (40TPs) and did not get it a second time.

When I tried to check in at the BCN for BCN-MAD-LHR (lost my blackberry so I could not use the electronic BP scan IB email out), the IB check in desk at BCN told me this was a shuttle service and they did not issue onwards BPs even for IB flights (I picked up my BP in the T4 lounge in MAD with no hassle).
Was this a clueless agent or the standard process?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for all the replies...

K
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:38 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by KenJohn
Do IB give TPs on the MAD-BCN shuttle in business class? I got its once (40TPs) and did not get it a second time.

When I tried to check in at the BCN for BCN-MAD-LHR (lost my blackberry so I could not use the electronic BP scan IB email out), the IB check in desk at BCN told me this was a shuttle service and they did not issue onwards BPs even for IB flights (I picked up my BP in the T4 lounge in MAD with no hassle).
Was this a clueless agent or the standard process?
Just to confirm, you are talking about the puente aero (air bridge) flights?

IB do have plenty of other flights MAD-BCN that are NOT the puente aero, just normal flights.

I believe it is correct that puente aero don't do onward BPs etc. It is very much designed for people who are flying between BCN and MAD only, as far as IB are concerned. If you are through ticketed you would be on a normal flight, not the puente aero.

[Exception: I think it is technically posisble to get the puente aero into a longer itin but not easy, and I don't think it gets deemed a connection.]

Last edited by David-A; Jun 23, 2010 at 3:48 am
Old Jun 23, 2010, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The MAD-BCN-MAD 'normal' Iberia flights most certainly do earn TPs - 40 in J per sector.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:29 pm

No tier points on the ORK -> LHR (and LHR -> ORK) sectors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.