Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Points adjustment for reduced service in First - pre strike

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points adjustment for reduced service in First - pre strike

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
I didn't say they weren't, just saying FT is not representative of what we are experiencing at the airport.
Yes, but that is a very different story.

Once someone is at the airport and all they want is to get to their destination, of course they are going to be happy that BA get them there, one way or another.

In the strikes back in April we were extremely grateful we could get to TLV when we had to, and even more grateful to the absolutely wonderful crew who got us there, which were made up of half proper FAs and half volunteers, including an A320pilot serving us in Club who was absolutely charming.

But that aside, I have been messed about left right and centre by these strikes with 6 flights being cancelled and having to take some of my business elsewhere for the next few weeks with all the uncertainty as to whether BA can get me to where I need to go or not.

And like me there are many many thousands out there, so yes BA hasn’t lost my loyalty and I know it is not their fault, but they are going to have to come up with some sort of considerable gesture to thank people who have stayed loyal and to say sorry to those who were effected, it is simply the right thing to do.

Personally, I think rather than hand out a whole load of miles, something like a 50% off redemption sale again would be very welcome...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.