Wiki Posts
Search

urgent help

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2010, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
urgent help

Hi Is there a telephone number to comtact BA now. The usual numbers closed at 20.00 hrs and we need to see if we can change our flight from Mon to tomorrow at 08.30. i cant do it on line
Thanks
sarah
Old May 15, 2010, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Not in the UK. You could try the US number - 1 800 247 9297.

However, are you aware that the current ash situation looks as if it could be over the UK on Monday, and possibly tomorrow too. Thus there could be cancellations, though nothing has been confirmed either way just yet.
Old May 15, 2010, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I would probably try to contact the BA US offices;

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...out_Country=US

Good luck!

Regards

TBS
Old May 15, 2010, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Not in the UK. You could try the US number - 1 800 247 9297.

However, are you aware that the current ash situation looks as if it could be over the UK on Monday, and possibly tomorrow too. Thus there could be cancellations, though nothing has been confirmed either way just yet.
We are supposed to be flying LGW to SKG on Mon. This was changed cos BA cancelled our LHR -ATH because of the strike.
We were thinking there may be more chance to fly tomorrow than Mon due to the ash. What do you think.
Weve already lost so much money changing our holiday plans as we have connecting non refundable flights from ATH to Rhodes and now from TSK to Rhodes.
I really dont know what to do
Old May 15, 2010, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by sarahuk
We are supposed to be flying LGW to SKG on Mon. This was changed cos BA cancelled our LHR -ATH because of the strike.
We were thinking there may be more chance to fly tomorrow than Mon due to the ash. What do you think.
Weve already lost so much money changing our holiday plans as we have connecting non refundable flights from ATH to Rhodes and now from TSK to Rhodes.
I really dont know what to do
I really wouldn't like to make a recommendation in case I suggest the wrong thing! However, I do understand your anxiety and would feel the same in your position.

As you were originally due to travel from LHR I would imagine you're not living close to LGW. The reason I say this is I know the Ticket Desk at LGW will be open this evening but they're not contactable by phone.

Why not try giving the US number a call and explaining the position and see what they suggest.
Old May 15, 2010, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

I really wouldn't like to make a recommendation in case I suggest the wrong thing! However, I do understand your anxiety and would feel the same in your position.

As you were originally due to travel from LHR I would imagine you're not living close to LGW. The reason I say this is I know the Ticket Desk at LGW will be open this evening but they're not contactable by phone.

Why not try giving the US number a call and explaining the position and see what they suggest.
Do you know what time they open until cos we are thinking of going up there now but it will take 2 hrs to get there
Thanks
Old May 15, 2010, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Do you know what time they open until cos we are thinking of going up there now but it will take 2 hrs to get there
Thanks
I know check-in closes at 9.45 and I believe the Ticket Desk closes about 10.30pm so would be closed by the time you arrived, unfortunately. They open in the morning about 0445.
Old May 15, 2010, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

I know check-in closes at 9.45 and I believe the Ticket Desk closes about 10.30pm so would be closed by the time you arrived, unfortunately. They open in the morning about 0445.
Right we are off to Gatwick . I hope they let us change our flights this is the final straw of all the stress weve had .i know its not BA's fault and they have been really good and helpful so far but no one can beat the ash!
Old May 15, 2010, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Right we are off to Gatwick . I hope they let us change our flights this is the final straw of all the stress weve had .i know its not BA's fault and they have been really good and helpful so far but no one can beat the ash!
Thanks Sunrisegirl for your help. Are you workingin the morning?
Old May 15, 2010, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Thanks Sunrisegirl for your help. Are you workingin the morning?
Yes - I'll send you a PM
Old May 15, 2010, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Yes - I'll send you a PM
You are a credit to the airline! ^
Old May 15, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Yes - I'll send you a PM
A credit to the airline indeed ^.

I hope you can change your flight!
Old May 15, 2010, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Why we fly BA!

Hi
Just to let you know the outcome.
We went to Gatwick last night. Got there at midnight! We went to the BA customer service check in at 4.30 and they were already open and changed our flights for us.
Im now in the lounge having breakfast and praying we take off before the ash arrival.
THANK YOU so much BA staff. You are all so kind and helpful.
This is why we remain loyal to BA.
Old May 16, 2010, 2:48 am

Programs: East Enders, Corie and Emmerdale'
Hi
Just to let you know the outcome.
We went to Gatwick last night. Got there at midnight! We went to the BA customer service check in at 4.30 and they were already open and changed our flights for us.
Im now in the lounge having breakfast and praying we take off before the ash arrival.
THANK YOU so much BA staff. You are all so kind and helpful.
This is why we remain loyal to BA.
It's been interesting reading through various threads over the last few days; with the issues surrounding 'the Ash' and the ongoing strike action from Unite/BA -- Sometimes we forget it involves real people from both sides of the check-in desk!

Sarah, so pleased it seems you got away!
Sunrisegirl, you are so helpful at a time when clearly, you have your own circumstances to think about -- Kudos and well done.

Old May 16, 2010, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Yes - I'll send you a PM
^^
Thanks to people like this is why we stay loyal to BA- at least they make a real effort to help when things go wrong and don't leave you high and dry like many airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.