Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Master thread - strike re-routes/re-accommodation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Use this thread to post details of your actual re-routes/re-accomodation on other carriers..or any other arrangements BA make for you as a result of the strike.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
As of 5:30pm today, BA had not issued a commercial policy for re-routes and re-bookings. Phone the gold line who said they had no instructions as yet.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Flying Blue Gold
If I am booked during the strike period - what are the chances of being rebooked onto another carrier?

I am flying into MCT, with BA being the only oneworld.

It's a J booking - would they consider putting me on oman air? (an airline of which I know precious little apart from the name!)

My out bound is during one strike and my return during another!

imt24
Old May 10, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Ba.com says that they will publish details 11th may uk pm time of options. Hopefully this will include schedules. It says that they aim to wet lease, alllow cancellations/rebooking and moving to different airline.
I'll certainly be looking at the different carrier option.
Old May 10, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN, DL GM
I have 8 flight segments during the strike period, I will report on how things turned out.

STR-LHR-MIA 25MAY
STR-LHR-MIA 30MAY
MIA-LHR-STR 05JUN
MIA-LHR-STR 09JUN

Any information on how STR and MIA flights were handled in previous strikes?
Old May 10, 2010, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by tim171080
MIA flights are on 747's. Last time they had no VCC trained for that aircraft. I am afraid that results from the past will not guarantee the future. I would not worry too much though.
Old May 11, 2010, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tim171080
I have 8 flight segments during the strike period, I will report on how things turned out.

STR-LHR-MIA 25MAY
STR-LHR-MIA 30MAY
MIA-LHR-STR 05JUN
MIA-LHR-STR 09JUN

One of the daily STR flights had been operated during the last strikes, but BA Germany was very open to re-book on other carriers or re-booking on a BA flight from Frankfurt that would be operating
Old May 11, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just spoken to BA Gold Line - they would rebook (incl changing to LGW-PSA) my 20-23 May LHR-PSA return, or refund it, but would not reroute it LGW-FLR (my preferred option as the flight times are better than LGW-PSA). According to the agent, rerouting will only be offered once a flight is actually cancelled (which is not the case here as yet).
Old May 11, 2010, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by cggirl
Just spoken to BA Gold Line - they would rebook (incl changing to LGW-PSA) my 20-23 May LHR-PSA return, or refund it, but would not reroute it LGW-FLR (my preferred option as the flight times are better than LGW-PSA). According to the agent, rerouting will only be offered once a flight is actually cancelled (which is not the case here as yet).
Is the codeshare also a factor? (LGW-FLR is meridiana)
Old May 11, 2010, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I'd like to know how BA would handle a CX issued Asiamiles award booking from AMS-LON-YVR return booking in J. Will call the reg Blue line I guess which I am also a member.
Old May 11, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
With so many recent operational disruptions, it is no wonder BA are able to release a commerical policy so quickly (good on you BA).

In fact, BA must now be the industry leaders in handling large scale operational disruptions - they must be so used to them.

BA could set up BA Consulting, to provide consulting to other airlines on things like how to handle large scale disruptions (as well as, I am sure, other areas of expertise).
Old May 11, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rrgg
Is the codeshare also a factor? (LGW-FLR is meridiana)
I asked that but the agent said the issue was the change of city (i.e. Pisa vs Florence) which counts as a reroute rather than a rebooking. She seemed quite certain that she could not offer a reroute until the flight was actually cancelled. (Edited to add: Switching LHR-LGW was possible because they are both LON so not a reroute)

Last edited by cggirl; May 11, 2010 at 8:41 am
Old May 11, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Just managed to swap a LHR-JFK flight to a LCY-JFK flight on a strike day on a restricted ticket. (This was after they said no commercial policy issued yesterday!)

No questions asked. All very polite and not a very long wait either on the Gold line. EXCELLENT ^ !

Hmm - Looking at the seat selection, a few Gold/Silver pax have also done the same already. There are too many "pairs of seats" taken on this flight compared to usual single business pax select selection on this flight.

Last edited by KenJohn; May 11, 2010 at 8:39 am
Old May 11, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Had our NCL-LHR-FCO-LHR-NCL on 15th May returning on 18th May switched to EDI-LHR-FCO-LGW-EDI without any problem this afternoon. Indeed had nice chat with the girl in the NCL call centre who told me that she was a member of Unite but didn't agree with the behaviour of the union at all.
Old May 12, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
Just had a look at MMB for my return SGN-HKG-LHR scheduled for the first days of strike action. Looks like BA have very kindly put me on LH (SGN-FRA-LHR).

Now, as i'm in Y, means no lounge access anywhere enroute, etc. The original sector SGN-HKG was on a BA ticket, although operated by CX, you would have thought they could get me on the CX flight from HKG to LHR, checked loads and there is space available. CX is so much more preferable to LH
moans over, but at least BA has been proactive making secondary arrangements for me ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.