Search

Lost ring

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Lost ring

Hi
I know this is probably OT but its a post in desperation. I dont suppose anyone found a ring in the T5 arrivals lounge on 22nd march.
Ive rung the lost property (and held on for ages before being cut off!!)many times but nothing has shown up.
I dont know if I left it in the toilet on the plane BA184 or in the arrivals lounge. I know its my own fault but im totally gutted at losing it as it was made especially for me on my honeymoon in Rio 4 years ago.
Sarah
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:23 am

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
In the case of rings, it may have simply fallen down the sink rather than been stolen.

Sorry for your loss.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: EXP AA.
It's horrible when such things happen, I hope that you are lucky and someone did find it and you get it back.

Regards Larry.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
So sorry to hear about your loss - you must be devastated. I know I would over something as sentimental and special as that.

Unfortunately probably a little too much time has passed now for it to be found, but I pray I'm wrong and you get lucky.

I take it you gave BA all your details so they can contact you should that happen?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:30 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Hope you find it.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:22 am

I'm working in T3 tomorrow, off Tuesday and back in T5 on Wednesday afternoon. Provided we don't have thousands of passengers to disperse, I will have a nose around and ask if anyone knows anything about a ring and report back to you.

However, if the ring was lost in the airport (and that includes the lounges as British Airways are only tenants) then anything that is found will go back to the BAA's official Lost Property Agent which is:

Lost property

The airport lost property office is operated by the Excess Baggage Company.

There is a storage charge for items reclaimed.

The office is open from 08:00 – 19:00 Monday to Saturday, and 08:00 – 16:00 on Sundays.

The telephone number for enquiries is +44 (0)20 8745 7727. You can also contact the office by email at [email protected].

Old Apr 18, 2010, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bealine
I'm working in T3 tomorrow, off Tuesday and back in T5 on Wednesday afternoon. Provided we don't have thousands of passengers to disperse, I will have a nose around and ask if anyone knows anything about a ring and report back to you.

However, if the ring was lost in the airport (and that includes the lounges as British Airways are only tenants) then anything that is found will go back to the BAA's official Lost Property Agent which is:

Lost property

The airport lost property office is operated by the Excess Baggage Company.

There is a storage charge for items reclaimed.

The office is open from 08:00 – 19:00 Monday to Saturday, and 08:00 –

16:00 on Sundays.

The telephone number for enquiries is +44 (0)20 8745 7727. You can also contact the office by email at [email protected].

Thanks for all your replies. The ring is white gold with an aquamarine stone with 5 baguette diamonds either side. I would be grateful if you could ask around if you have time,
I have a feeling I may have left it with my hairbrush on a chair in the arrivals lounge by the desk where you book a shower but im not completely sure as it could have been when I took it off in the toilet to wash my hands.

Thanks
Sarah
Old Apr 18, 2010, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experiences with lost property are dismal. Getting hold of them is bad enough, and on the 2 occasions nothing has ever been in handed in (one item left in T4 arrivals, one of the main terminal).

Nonetheless, good luck.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
My experiences with lost property are dismal. Getting hold of them is bad enough, and on the 2 occasions nothing has ever been in handed in (one item left in T4 arrivals, one of the main terminal).

Nonetheless, good luck.
Your right! Ive just spent another 45 mins on hold trying to get hold of the office. Ive been trying now for several days in between trying to do my work and they just end up cutting you off.
Ive just found out i may be able to claim on my household insurance but need a claims number. The police wont give me one as they say it was lost on private property so I have to get one from the BA claims office
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:49 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
I know this might sound silly, but have you re-checked all your pockets and bags etc. I had a similar experience where I thought I had lost a very sentimental gold signet ring that belonged to my grandfather, on a BA flight from MIA to LHR. Convinced it was gone, I'd called the lounge in Miami, BA, the arrivals lounge, searched my car, everything to no avail, hating myself for taking it out of the safe at home in Miami to bring it to England.

A week later it turned up at the bottom of a bag underneath a bit of the lining to huge relief.
Just a thought...
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:53 am

Sorry, Sarahuk, I did ask around yesterday but none of the brown uniformed lounge staff seem to recall any lost hairbrush or ring being found in the arrivals lounge. Lost property is handed daily to "Excess Baggage", the company appointed by BAA to look after lost property.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Bealine thanks I appreciate you trying.
Jet ranger Yes ive been through every case, bag and even silly things over and over. ive even got up in the night and re searched about 8 times.
Im hoping the insurance company may be able to deal direct with Stern Jewellers in Rio to negotiate a better price to make another one than if I were given the money to get another one myself.
I know Ill have to put some money towards it but its worth it.
I cant believe I was stupid enough to take it off but its a bit late now.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:50 pm

I cant believe I was stupid enough to take it off but its a bit late now.
You're not the first to have done it, you know............

.............and, you simply wouldn't believe how many people leave passports and semi-valuable items in the seat pocket on aircraft.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
Sorry to hear about your loss - hope you're able to get a replacement.

I have a growing list of things I've left lying around / lost - including my wallet with £100 cash, cards and various forms of ID, which I didn't realise I'd lost for a week (the joys of being in Colombia and being totally taken care of until I went out one night (or tried to)) and didn't get back (fortunately nobody used it though so I suspect it perhaps fell out in the taxi or was in lost property and not seen, who knows), and my new macbook pro on a plane in France....left the airport....came back an hr later...very disapproving agent with a wonderful 'allo-allo-style French accent "I never believe 'ow people leave such valuable things on ay playne"
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Really sorry about the item you've lost - it's part of the human condition to be forgetful at times I suppose.

I'm terrible for losing stuff. Worked out the other day that i've probably spent the best part of £300 replacing lost items over the last couple of years, including a passport I dropped on the Tube, a games console left on a Virgin train and a nice wallet that got stolen at MAD shortly before I was due to board the plane. Of course, by the time I realised it was missing I didn't have time to file a report with Spanish police, and the London Met didn't want to know either once I got back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.