Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Teefaf
FYI - I called to chase up some missing points and at the same time asked about getting supplementary cards on the account. I was told I'm allowed to have up two supplementary cards for free, and after that they're £35 a pop. Pretty pleased with that, as I thought they were all chargeable. The wife's has now been ordered!
That's good news but the website clearly states that all supplementary cards cost £35 so I called customers services.

They told me that the Gold Preferred Reward card (which I think is the one we're all referring to on this thread) has a £35 fee for each supplementary card issued. The agent said that there is a card where the first 2 are free but it's not this one. Frankly, he didn't seem to know too much about it but did say that the card giving 2 free was a card carrying a £6 monthly fee??? Either way, he wasn't prepared to let me have a free supplementary card.

I'd be interested to hear whether your wife's card arrives and if you're charged for it (assuming that we have the same one of course).

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jun 25, 2010 at 11:31 pm
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:05 am

Programs: F
Chasing up the 20,000 points, I got the following reply:

Thank you for your email regarding the 20,000 Bonus Membership Reward Points for spending £500 within the first three months of using your American Express® Gold Preferred Rewards Card.

I am very sorry for any confusion about the timeframes for this offer. Your 20,000 Bonus Points will be applied to your account within a month of the end of the three month qualifying period at the latest. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further enquiries regarding this or any other matters.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
That's not the answer I got - I was told the points would be added within a month of hitting £500, after 7 weeks I mailed again and they were added.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hingethunder
That's not the answer I got - I was told the points would be added within a month of hitting £500, after 7 weeks I mailed again and they were added.
I had the same response, I think it's a manual process - I needed to chase twice before they were added. They do get there though, just keep chasing.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:39 am
pb3

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen
Originally Posted by redshift27
Chasing up the 20,000 points, I got the following reply:

Your 20,000 Bonus Points will be applied to your account within a month of the end of the three month qualifying period at the latest. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.
The footnote for the Preferred Awards Gold cards says:

For the Gold Card, the 20,000 Membership Rewards bonus points will be awarded onto your account once you have been approved and you have spent £500 within the first 3 months of Cardmembership. Please note that it can take up to one month for bonus points to be awarded to your account.
I guess this can equally well be interpreted as

20K points will be awarded within 1 month of your spending £500 provided this spend is within the first 3 months of card membership.

OR

20K point will be awarded within 1 month of the end of the first 3 months of card membership, provided £500 has been spent within this time.

Don'tcha love the ambiguity of the English language?

Ah well - I guess may be waiting until the end of August. I notice that some board members appear to have gotten their 20K points after contacting Amex.

Last edited by pb3; Jun 26, 2010 at 2:24 am
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by aristoph
Have you applied yet for the Platinum card for the 40k MR points Raffles?
Can you hold both the Plat card and the Preferred Gold Card?

BTW
Got my 20K bonus on the 25th June, passed the £500 spend on the 1st June. Made one secure message "reminder" last week.

Last edited by blindman; Jun 26, 2010 at 2:17 am
Old Jun 26, 2010, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
[DELETED]
Old Jun 26, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
That's good news but the website clearly states that all supplementary cards cost £35 so I called customers services.

They told me that the Gold Preferred Reward card (which I think is the one we're all referring to on this thread) has a £35 fee for each supplementary card issued. The agent said that there is a card where the first 2 are free but it's not this one. Frankly, he didn't seem to know too much about it but did say that the card giving 2 free was a card carrying a £6 monthly fee??? Either way, he wasn't prepared to let me have a free supplementary card.

I'd be interested to hear whether your wife's card arrives and if you're charged for it (assuming that we have the same one of course).
I too have the Gold Preferred Reward Card. I did say to the lady that I wasn't sure if they were chargeable or not as I'd heard different things. She she'd check, and then told me that I was entitled to two. It might be worth calling back several times until you get someone who tells you you can have them for free!

My application has gone in and was approved there and then on the phone. We just need to send back a signed form and proof of ID apparently, forms for which will come through the post in the next two weeks.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:58 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pb3
I guess this can equally well be interpreted as

20K points will be awarded within 1 month of your spending £500 provided this spend is within the first 3 months of card membership.

OR

20K point will be awarded within 1 month of the end of the first 3 months of card membership, provided £500 has been spent within this time.

Don'tcha love the ambiguity of the English language?
Here is the version I have received in response to my query:

The 20,000 bonus Membership Reward points are applied to your account approximately one month after you have reached the required spend of £500 within the first three months of your account being opened. By monitoring your account online, you will be able to see that the points will be added within this timeframe.
It seems pretty clear that the first interpretation is correct.

Originally Posted by blindman
Got my 20K bonus on the 25th June, passed the £500 spend on the 1st June. Made one secure message "reminder" last week.
I also passed the £500 spend on 1st June but 20k bonus points have not been credited. I'll give them a few more days and contact them again.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: Some basic level ones
Originally Posted by blindman
Can you hold both the Plat card and the Preferred Gold Card?
Yep - I do.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
Just had confirmation from Quidco that:

We are pleased to inform you that your enquiry has been successful.

This transaction will appear as validated in your Quidco account until the payment is received by Quidco. On receipt of payment from the merchant the transaction status will update to received and will be paid in the payment run at the end of that month.
Enquiry was submitted on 23rd May so its taken just over a month.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 7:17 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by hingethunder
Just had confirmation from Quidco that:

Enquiry was submitted on 23rd May so its taken just over a month.
+1
Old Jun 28, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
My Quidco enquiry has gone to Fully Validated today as well.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 7:40 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
I too just got the quidco successful enquiry mail. Still waiting for the 20k MRs, but Amex told me it would probably take around a month and I made my spend in the first week of June (when I got double MRs for buying an annual Z1-6 travelcard)
Old Jun 28, 2010, 7:50 am

Still "enquiry being processed" showing for me.

Used the Gold Card to buy a couple of My City Deal items, appear to have received double points as it was an out bound spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.