Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club Europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Question Seating Queries: Club Europe

For all your questions (and answers) regarding the best, worst, noisest, quietest seats in Club Europe on the Airbus, 737, 757 and short-haul 767, plus Cityflyers planes (Embraer and Avro RJ).

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 10, 2010 at 1:11 pm
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
For all your questions (and answers) regarding the best, worst, noisest, quietest seats in Club Europe on the Airbus and short-haul 767, plus Cityflyers planes (Embraer and Avro RJ) fleets.
What about the poor old 737s and 757s?

I alternate between 1A and 2A - I know that the DEF side has a larger gap between seats, but I prefer being on the left hand side of the aircraft.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
To you and several others who pointed this out - no-one likes a show off.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:21 pm

I alternate between 1A and 2A
I used to do the same on my usual flight but there is now a guy who regularly takes 1C or 2C and takes his shoes off to put his feet up on the bulkhead.

As a result I now reserve 1F (or 1D if no 1A & C) in case he is on board.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A quick question; does Row 2 have extra legroom on the 757? Pondering whether to swap 4A for 2D in CE (not worried about the window/aisle difference or the gap in between the seats).

Last edited by Genius1; Feb 27, 2010 at 2:18 pm
Old Feb 27, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

but I prefer being on the left hand side of the aircraft.
Out of interest, why?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Out of interest, why?
I can't really put my finger on it, but it just feels 'right' being on the left

Anyone have an answer for my 757 query above?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Strangely enough I prefer the left hand side too. Also on the bus going to work in the morning I always try to get 1a (upper deck, naturally).
Old Feb 27, 2010, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A quick question; does Row 2 have extra legroom on the 757? Pondering whether to swap 4A for 2D in CE (not worried about the window/aisle difference or the gap in between the seats).
In 2D you can stretch your legs forward into the aisle, as the bulkhead does not reach across all your seat area. The other advantage is unobstructed full of the (possibly good-looking) crewmember(s) seated at door 1L.

However, 2D is the toilet attendant's seat. 2D is right next to the loo door, and you will get a full whiff of everything evry time someone goes in and out.

So, good seat, nice legroom, nice view, but smelly as s***.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
I
However, 2D is the toilet attendant's seat. 2D is right next to the loo door, and you will get a full whiff of everything evry time someone goes in and out.
Thanks Smirnoff ^ Will be sticking with 4A, as I can't be doing with the wafting smells for 2.5 hours.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:54 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
In 2D you can stretch your legs forward into the aisle, as the bulkhead does not reach across all your seat area. The other advantage is unobstructed full of the (possibly good-looking) crewmember(s) seated at door 1L.

So, good seat, nice legroom, nice view, but smelly as s***.
Don't forget that most PAX are used to the A3** where there is only one loo forward of door 1L, so the vast majority of users head there. IMHO the loo alongside 2D isn't that busy and, again IMHO, the extra leg room is worth it. YMMV.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Club Europe LHR-FCO 767 or 320?

Planning a family vacation in Italy. Flying to Rome Club Europe ex LHR 3 x adults and 2 x children. Have choice of service operated by Airbus A320 or a 767. Any advice on the quality of Club seating/service on either aircraft type? From seat maps, A320 appears to offer more space than the 767 - is this right?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pjh981
Planning a family vacation in Italy. Flying to Rome Club Europe ex LHR 3 x adults and 2 x children. Have choice of service operated by Airbus A320 or a 767. Any advice on the quality of Club seating/service on either aircraft type? From seat maps, A320 appears to offer more space than the 767 - is this right?
B767
- Mostly in a poor state of repair - dodgy lighting/call bells, un-viewable TV screens, leaking/smelly toilets
- 2-3-2 configuration with the middle seat of 3 left unoccupied, leaving 2-2-2
- Very small chance of getting a longhaul configuration, with Club World seats

A320
- May be much newer than any 767
- 3-3 configuration with the left hand middle seat squished and the right hand middle seat left unoccupied, leaving 2-2
- Quieter
- Usually a smaller Club Europe cabin

Both aircraft offer the same leather convertible CE seating, in various states of (dis)repair across both the 767s and A320s.

I'd pick the A320.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:53 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I can't really put my finger on it, but it just feels 'right' being on the left
I agree when facing forward, but I prefer the right when facing the back end. Very strange.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:12 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
B767
- Mostly in a poor state of repair - dodgy lighting/call bells, un-viewable TV screens, leaking/smelly toilets
- 2-3-2 configuration with the middle seat of 3 left unoccupied, leaving 2-2-2
- Very small chance of getting a longhaul configuration, with Club World seats

Both aircraft offer the same leather convertible CE seating, in various states of (dis)repair across both the 767s and A320s.

I'd pick the A320.
Also note that in the 767 the centre block of seats are "misaligned" so the E & F seats are slightly forward of the A, D, J, K seats in the "same" row.

The front toilet in a 767 CE is well forward of door 1L so any smelly effects (due to smelly PAX?) aren't so noticeable - if at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.