Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Master Thread - Strike re-routes/other carriers offered

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread - Strike re-routes/other carriers offered

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by SFU? NFW!
Originally booked JNB-LHR in WTP on 22nd.

Told, by gold line, re-routes only available on VS which is full and not through other hubs, i.e. MAD. I don't know if this is as other carriers don't offer premium economy?

Now re-booked on the 23rd, which means missing out on another day's pay, as per the "weather" cancellation ex-SFO in January.

Having read this thread, I'm going to call this morning and push for a re-route on the 22nd...

//(Rant on)// First, I had a lot of uncertainty about whether I'd get back from DXB to see family for Christmas. Then, following more uncertainty about whether I'd get to SFO for holidays, the return was cancelled due to weather (48 hours before, and even though the other SFO flew that day). Now, it looks as though I'm stuck in LHR when I need to be in JNB. Plues, I don't know if my fiancée will be able to visit me in JNB for Easter! This is getting unsustainable... //(Rant off - thanks, had to get that off my chest!)//
All JNB/LHR flights during the strike period have been operating normally.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
JNB-LHR, yes, LHR-JNB, no - due to down-route crew.

The planes have been flying down empty, just with cargo. Both the 55 and the 57 cancelled - I think - everyday except the 22nd, when I managed to get a seat on the reinstated 57.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by SFU? NFW!
JNB-LHR, yes, LHR-JNB, no - due to down-route crew.

The planes have been flying down empty, just with cargo. Both the 55 and the 57 cancelled - I think - everyday except the 22nd, when I managed to get a seat on the reinstated 57.
True.
I hope you had a good flight!^
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Platinum IHG Platinum United Premier Exec Marriott Silver
You First were excellent today...re-booked us on to an earlier connection from MAN to LHR following cancellation and sorted us a Cabanna to help pass the time!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:17 am

Had my flight 114 from JFK to LHR on 29/03 cancelled this morning. Rang the special 0800 strike number, was through in 10 minutes and been moved to the later 182 departure. Flight still showing as estimated on Arrivals/Departures on ba.com which is misleading.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:43 am

Hi can anyone help have a flight to Miami on 31st, phoned helpline and they state that can't confirm that flight until another few days. I Have looked on the arrivals and departures and showing as ok, as do the days over the strike period so why can they not confirm they won't cancel my flight if the previous strike days are ok ?
So really should I try and get on a flight over the strike period as they can confirm those!! before they are full.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by milly
Hi can anyone help have a flight to Miami on 31st, phoned helpline and they state that can't confirm that flight until another few days. I Have looked on the arrivals and departures and showing as ok, as do the days over the strike period so why can they not confirm they won't cancel my flight if the previous strike days are ok ?
So really should I try and get on a flight over the strike period as they can confirm those!! before they are full.
Because the flight is the day after the next strike ends, they can't be sure what will happen until a lot nearer the time.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Jet2 on LGW - GOA - GOA today

LGW - GOA on time

GOA - LGW delayed THREE hours due to ENAC (Italian air authority) inspection of the 757
Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: EXP AA.
I was flying BA ABZ to LHR and then AA to DFW on sunday, Now AA have re-booked me British Midland ABZ to LHR on Saturday, and my original flight to DFW on Sunday, I've had to spring for a hotel at LHR on Saturday Night but got the Holiday Inn Ariel for £41, which seemed reasonable beyond belief. Actually, it's more of a relaxed trip now, so I'm cool with it all. I'll have to fight for my AA Points on BMI though, I once got put on them when a BA flight from ABZ went tech, I never did get the points.

Cheers Larry.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:55 pm

Not many options !!

Flying on 30 Mar, MAN-LHR-SFO. Afternoon LHR-SFO flight cancelled and all MAN-LHR.

I had looked at lots of re-route options (just in case) and had several solutions incl AA, Delta, Continental and US Airways all from MAN to gateways in US and then on to SFO.

Told that I can't use a gateway in US and must go via LHR - Is this right ???
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Mosaic 3, ⓥ for the animals
Flying on an AAdvantage award during the second strike period. AA had a crappy strike policy (relative to other carriers), and I was unable to change before the strike, or during the first leg of the strike unless there was award inventory available. One leg canceled, and I was accommodated from another gateway city.

Decided to make one last effort to fly after the strikes are over, and after several unsuccessful calls to both AA and BA, I finally got through to someone fantastic at You First. His helpdesk did something unorthodox (as the ticket was on AA stock) but was able to get the flights moved without having AA make the change.

It was vastly more difficult than it should have been, but given that we were flying on AA stock and did not want to be reaccomodated on AA, we're really happy with the outcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.