Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
First Embraer E190 in BA livery...

Rolls out in Brazil...

Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Very smart but don't all aircraft look great dressed in the BA livery.

Does anyone know what delivery routing these Brazilian babies take to LCY?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
agreed. What number plate do they fly with on a delivery run?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
^ It looks great, very dashing. Hopefully it will be visiting Cambridge airfield at some point like its little brother did recently - I get a great view over my lab.

Prospero - IIRC they take a route up through Brazil, Dakar and the Canary Islands before reaching Spain. There was a thread on this not too long ago but I can't remember any more details
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

This post from Business traveller; suggests;

Recife, Cape Verde & Tenerife;

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ation-lcy-jets

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
I was talking to the very pleasnt and efficient Purser on a flight from LCY/EDI last week on an RJ. She advised that the first E190 is due in service in early March 2010.

I'm sure she said their last E170 was delivered last week, I think she said sixth and the entire fleet will be E-jets by mid June 2010.

Goodbye RJ85s/100s in the very near future.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
V. nice looking.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
It will be a shame when the RJs go. Since its inception, British Airways has operated British built aircraft*. When the RJs go, that will stop.

*Yes, I know the Airbus wings are built in the UK, and very good they are too. Do you know the A380 wing is a direct descendant from early Vickers and de Haviland design work?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
It will be a shame when the RJs go. Since its inception, British Airways has operated British built aircraft*. When the RJs go, that will stop.
The main problem with the RJ's at present time is they are just getting so old, tatty and unreliable. The last one I was on had no hot water in the toilets or galley. More seriously there was one last year where the flaps stuck on take off out of LCY and it had to divert for an emergency landing.

They are however very "sporting" when taking off from LCY - brakes on / full throttle and go!
Old Feb 15, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Rolls out in Brazil...

If I'm not mistaken that's on a roll in to somewhere. I think I see thrust reversers deployed.

Does look nice, and don't those engines look small!
Old Feb 15, 2010, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by stevie-d
The main problem with the RJ's at present time is they are just getting so old, tatty and unreliable. The last one I was on had no hot water in the toilets or galley. More seriously there was one last year where the flaps stuck on take off out of LCY and it had to divert for an emergency landing.

They are however very "sporting" when taking off from LCY - brakes on / full throttle and go!
Had a very amusing demo of both points last week. On take-off the obviously loose-fitting cabin divider went shooting down the cabin with a large whoosh. Very British approach as people took it in turns to push it back along to the front!
Old Feb 15, 2010, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

This post from Business traveller; suggests;

Recife, Cape Verde & Tenerife;

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ation-lcy-jets

Regards

TBS
Whatever the routing these E jets always end up being delivered to EXT where flybe will look after them for a day or 2 before them coming to BA.

From what i understand BA crews have been doing some flying around in the BE emb195's which have included some test flights into NQY

CS
Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Do planes like this have to get a special one off ETOPS clearance for something like this? I always assumed they would have to go the long way round - up through Canada, Greenland, and Iceland or something - to stay close to land in case of engine failure.

I know some of American Airlines' twinjets can't even cut across the Gulf of Mexico because they arent allowed to go very far from land.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
Do planes like this have to get a special one off ETOPS clearance for something like this? I always assumed they would have to go the long way round - up through Canada, Greenland, and Iceland or something - to stay close to land in case of engine failure.

I know some of American Airlines' twinjets can't even cut across the Gulf of Mexico because they arent allowed to go very far from land.
if it's not operating as a commercial flight, then I'm not sure ETOPS would apply.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:48 am

I imagine from the factory, tech stop at Sal then Cardiff or Southend for importation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.