Wiki Posts
Search

BA First Suite Inaugural Review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Motors
Get this: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/c...nap-s1500.html

It saves them as PDFs, and will recognise text as well. I can scan around 150 sheets at a time and it does it within a few minutes - though I've not done it for boarding passes yet, I've used it to scan in loads of old paper photos.
Santa Claus, are you listening? I know what I want for Christmas.....
Old Feb 19, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by kered
Oh what have you just done

As well as being an OCD afflicted freak (or is that just freak) I'm also a self confessed gadget freak & now you've just shown me yet another gadget sigh................... ^

Edit to add....

Oh and they do a MAC version too
Which, annoyingly, is significantly more expensive. It's one of few examples left where there are separate Mac and PC versions of a piece of hardware.

That said, I have just bought one for work (the scanning of boarding passes, menus and other airline paraphernalia is just a happy coincidence )
Old Feb 19, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Oh what have you just done

As well as being an OCD afflicted freak (or is that just freak) I'm also a self confessed gadget freak & now you've just shown me yet another gadget sigh................... ^

Edit to add....

Oh and they do a MAC version too
I have the S300, the little brother. It's genius!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
We've veered slightly OT again ;)

Same here ^

I've BP's, menus & other assorted bits 'n' bobs, along with a vast collection of amenity kits & Jim Jams, from the various airlines I've travelled on.

In fact, I've boxes of the stuff
I've got a large collection of kits from planes and trains (including a very old Great Western one from before First bought them), when I've had the odd person over I've handed one out to them to use. PJ's from a couple of airlines and I find the odd menu when looking for other things.

I also covered a BP stub in tape to act as a very effective bookmark whilst on one holiday.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Originally Posted by HilFly
Do you want to come up and see my collection of still in the packets dried out moist towelettes?
Yep got them too ^ As well as some KLM mints, still in their triangular box.

I'm sure the toothpaste in some of the amenity packs I have since the early 90's would taste pretty "good" now.

Oh the things we collect

Originally Posted by baggageinhall
...That said, I have just bought one for work (the scanning of boarding passes, menus and other airline paraphernalia is just a happy coincidence )
Yeah right, we believe you

Edit to add....

Now I'm going to end up spending the weekend digging out all my stuff & cataloguing it all. Oh well "Mrs Kered" is away golfing for the weekend, so I might as well be at that as anything else

Last edited by kered; Feb 19, 2010 at 10:20 am
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Do you want to come up and see my collection of still in the packets dried out moist towelettes?
Yep got them too ^ As well as some KLM mints, still in their triangular box.

I'm sure the toothpaste in some of the amenity packs I have since the early 90's would taste pretty "good" now.

Oh the things we collect

Yeah right, we believe you ^
This is making me feel better, I can tell my shrink there are others.....

Last edited by Jimmie76; Feb 19, 2010 at 10:26 am
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:29 am

No you're not alone at all.

In fact you're in good company
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer

+1
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can go as far back to the Bodyshop CW and ESPA F bags, which are actually in use carrying cables when I travel.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:39 am

Oh wow ^

No, my collection would have started '92 / '93 era.

.... & welcome to the Looney Brigade TheAAdmiral
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would have helped if I hadn't given some of the old ones away I suspect. I've no idea when the B'SHop and ESPA ceased to be current but it was a long time ago. The last ESPA one I have was a Blue barrel type with white stiching, [Edit]Like this one

the Bodyshop I can't remember and I'll have to have a look tonight. I think the earliest I can remember having was a blue one like this

with the old Club dots logo on the end, or the Bodyshop with their name and logo on the zip tag.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Feb 19, 2010 at 11:19 am
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:49 pm
Suspended

David_Doyle
But you're not happy with the new cabin anyway, so I can't see how any ground improvements are going to improve your perception any. BA F just doesn't seem to be a good enough option for you.
No, I'm not and thanks for being so forensic in your defence of the product. I'd originally thought you might work for BA, looking to counter any negative feedback on a new product, but your VS status possibly suggests otherwise Feel free to challenge what I've said (yup, in all three links to earlier posts you've also helpfully provided). I can't blame you for feeling excited that BA has renewed its F cabin - my perception is that it could've been much better than what's been delivered, that's all.

OPebble: not sure I agree - see below.

continentalclub's post adds some very interesting context. If you look at the basic numbers between LH and BA, each split over two home hub bases - the difference is just 49 daily F pax when it comes to superb v. ordinary ground handling. We're not just talking preferential check-in / lounge access procedures but also the quality of lounges and the facilities these offer. In fairness to BA, LH did struggle with maintaining the volume of F pax requiring these facilities at FRA. Its solution was to build an additional F lounge which offers most, if not all, of the same benefits. SQ likely doesn't deserve comparison as its ground handling benefits for F pax are largely unique to its home base. LX does a pretty reasonable job at both GVA and ZRH, albeit on much reduced pax volumes.

I'm not being unrealistic enough to suggest that BA mimics LH improvements at FRA/MUC by offering an entirely separate terminal for F pax. Given the BAA dimension, this would likely be doubtful. By missed opportunity I meant that there are many other factors BA could focus on to improve its ground handling. Replacing many of the disinterested people supposedly delivering a service in the CCR @ LHR would be a good start (most likely a lazy English thing - and, yes, I'm English before anyone leaps on me again). Next: work on the food and then delivering something with an edge over its other lounges at the same location (an "exclusive" door as you exit south security is one thing, hard delivery on the service promise beyond that is another).

FWIW, I'm very amused by Google targeted advertising on this thread, recommeding that I may be interested in the services provided by Hillarys Blinds
Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Would have helped if I hadn't given some of the old ones away I suspect. I've no idea when the B'SHop and ESPA ceased to be current but it was a long time ago. The last ESPA one I have was a Blue barrel type with white stiching, [Edit]Like this one

the Bodyshop I can't remember and I'll have to have a look tonight. I think the earliest I can remember having was a blue one like this

with the old Club dots logo on the end, or the Bodyshop with their name and logo on the zip tag.
I have the ladies' version of the stripey one - cream with navy blue stripes. I liked it because it had a wired rim so that it would stay upright and open when you were using it. Then a couple of burgundy things, one zipped, one tied with ribbon. I still use the foot exercise rollers that came in those. And a boxful of assorted blue, black, navy, grey, brown, stripes, checks........I really am a packrat!

I love an Espa one that I got sometime in the 90's - an oval box shape with a handle on top - I still use that one.

The contents seem to have been 'enhanced' away over the years. When we first got Moulton Brown kits, a few trips a year was enough to keep me in hand lotion all year. I actually use them up when I travel now, and there's not much left to add to the collection.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have the ladies' version of the stripey one - cream with navy blue stripes. I liked it because it had a wired rim so that it would stay upright and open when you were using it. Then a couple of burgundy things, one zipped, one tied with ribbon. I still use the foot exercise rollers that came in those. And a boxful of assorted blue, black, navy, grey, brown, stripes, checks........I really am a packrat!
Ah yes the alternate version

I'm fairly certain that my mum still has this

knocking around her house somewhere

I love an Espa one that I got sometime in the 90's - an oval box shape with a handle on top - I still use that one.

The contents seem to have been 'enhanced' away over the years. When we first got Moulton Brown kits, a few trips a year was enough to keep me in hand lotion all year. I actually use them up when I travel now, and there's not much left to add to the collection.
Ooh I remember the foot rollers and I think I've seen somewhere too.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh and a BA ring binder that I got given years ago from when I used to work on IFE content.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.