Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Gordo announces new security measures ex-UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/21/wo...ef=global-home

Full body scanners "next week" at LHR, and the delights of the "no-fly" list.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Platinum Royal Ambassador
The body scanners were announced a few weeks a go. I don't know if they are going ahead next week as some agency was going to seek some re-assurances from the Government over who see's the images etc.

I haven't read anything about this challenge in the last few days.

The concerns are as you can imagine, are seeing the 'naked' outline of people and especially children.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:16 pm

If managed correctly the no-fly list will hopefully give the authorities some confidence in our security screening and see the end of some of these ridiculous security queues.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Motors
If managed correctly the no-fly list will hopefully give the authorities some confidence in our security screening and see the end of some of these ridiculous security queues.
If managed correctly. But consider Mikey here http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/ny...chlist.html?em who, because he shares his name with someone on the TSA watch list, has been patted down and interrogated before flights ever since he was a toddler.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
Who wants to take bets on when the contents of the No Fly list will be left on a laptop in the back of a taxi or get lost by Consignia or whatever Royal Mail are called these days.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tony2x
Consignia or whatever Royal Mail are called these days.
How about 'Royal Mail'

I'm always surprised about the idea of a no-fly list. You would think that if you are on such a list, and want to do harm, it wouldn't be too difficult to get some false passport. On the other hand it could catch the stupid ones...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.