Wiki Posts
Search

No answer on BA phones this morning

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
No answer on BA phones this morning

Well, this was a first for me. The BA gold line is "closed due to bad weather." The recording suggests calling an alternate number (0787 rather than the usual 0747 number) but that also just cuts you off after the phone menu.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:59 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
The UK Highways agency has disabled its maps on the web site, because too many people are trying to use it. They do promise to bring it back online, presumable when it is 70 degrees and sunny.
It is strange that nationalised and pseudo-nationalised (BA) companies are worthless at times like this. I have not seen the postman for 3 days, the bins are unemptied but the UPS van seems to be operating with no problem. Someone posted that the Ocadao vans were out and about yesterday.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:04 am

In SW London, everything pretty much as usual yesterday. Couriers came yesterday. Boden turned up (that is a pretty SW London thing to write, granted). Tesco arrived four minutes early. Bins emptied this morning. My Guardian thumped onto the mat just before 7am yesterday and today.

But people not making it in from Maida Vale to Soho. Or so they say.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by knifeandfork
In SW London, everything pretty much as usual yesterday. Couriers came yesterday. Boden turned up (that is a pretty SW London thing to write, granted). Tesco arrived four minutes early. Bins emptied this morning. My Guardian thumped onto the mat just before 7am yesterday and today.

Indeed Ocado have just visited me in SW15 so everything is running smoothly here in the Republic of SW London.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by knifeandfork
Seriously? I'm in Little Venice & it's not that bad. I'm just about to drive to the dentist in Marylebone so I'll soon find out ...
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Expatbear
Well, this was a first for me. The BA gold line is "closed due to bad weather." The recording suggests calling an alternate number (0787 rather than the usual 0747 number) but that also just cuts you off after the phone menu.
If they are based in Sudbury - or if the calls are routed there Suffolk is reeling. I just spoke to my neighbours - they had more then 5cm of snow this morning again and my neighbour turned back home as the road was extremely slippery and conditions were blizzard like and he could see nothing.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Strange, the guy I spoke to was in Newcastle & had clear blue sky!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by PAUL PALMER
If they are based in Sudbury - or if the calls are routed there Suffolk is reeling. I just spoke to my neighbours - they had more then 5cm of snow this morning again and my neighbour turned back home as the road was extremely slippery and conditions were blizzard like and he could see nothing.
Exec Club calls go through to MAN. Sudbury is the address where BA have outsourced handling of mail to, where they scan the letter for it to be answered by the relevant department, wherever that may be in the country.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Odd .. I called the Gold line at about 8.45am this morning with no problem
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:37 pm

Bracknell, Berkshire is stuffed! Our postie made it this morning, but I needed six of my neighbours to get my car out of our road. It took three hours to get to Waitrose in Wokingham and back, otherwise we wouldn't have had food, and our little car slithered and slipped all the way!

Bracknell Forest Borough Council is about to run out of grit too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.