Search

OT: Children in Lounge rant!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2009, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
OT: Children in Lounge rant!

I need to vent. For the third day in a row a family with in total six young children is ruining the lounge experience for everyone. It is not even an airport lounge, but the lounge of the hotel I am staying at in Sydney. Can it be that affluent parents are no longer able to deal with their own children because the nanny is doing the actual raising? It is always the 'Gucci Trophy Wifes' who look completely helpless and - dare I say it - even uninterested at their child's behavior. The women in this little clan are actively discussing how cute their little brats look in their new outfits while they are running through the lounge screaming and ruining everybody's x-mass breakfast.

I must say, I don't find it particularly clever of the hotel to lay out x-mass crackers with whistles in them....

Please; if you do not raise your own children, take your nanny with you on holiday!

Rant over. No connection to BA whatsoever other than that they are also disturbing my daily read of the forum.

Last edited by henkybaby; Dec 24, 2009 at 4:44 pm
Old Dec 24, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
Thats all right. Feel free to vent.

All I can say as to the situation is better you than me.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
At times I wish it was legal to drug someone elses children.

I was flying CW to SFO earlier in the year and just wanted to drop some whisky in their drink to pacify them.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
It sounds like the family in question should learn the benefits of contraception
Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by hsmall
It sounds like the family in question should learn the benefits of contraception
It was an extended family. Not two parents with 6 kids...

But still. Yes, they should!
Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Flying Blue Gold
As a primary school teacher, I sometimes find it really hard not to tell the children to behave!
I did do my 'teacher stare' once at a child on a flight from LGW - FCO and she did genuinely look a little worried! She shouldn't have been bashing the chair in front then!!!!!!
Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by Scott Mac
At times I wish it was legal to drug someone elses children.
It's not legal???
Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, BA Gold, Delta Platinum
Thumbs up

"Unattended children will be given a double espresso and a free kitten."

I saw this sign posted in the window of a London music shop. ^
Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
It's not legal???
Depends if you get caught
Old Dec 25, 2009, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Now now... lets be careful here... there are some very "emotive" parents on here who believe that their children are angels and behave perfectly all the time, be they in F, J, W or Y... and all other localities... we do not want to start a whole "S______ onboard debate" again...
Old Dec 25, 2009, 2:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Children at Christmas, complete pests.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 3:17 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
My my, we still seem to be at the pre-Ghost Of Christmas Yet To Come stage on the BA forum...

Mind you I agree with henkybaby.

And to think just a couple of days ago some people on another thread were seriously suggesting that GCHs should be entitled to guest as many of their minor children into the lounges as they want. I think the phrase used was to the effect that then everybody would be happy. Well I wouldn't be! And it seems I'm not the only one.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Glad to hear Henkybaby you arrived safely into SYD, but not to happy to read your report about these horrible children that are screaming around the hotel lounge, they ought to be shot, disturbing other peoples enjoyment of a leisurely Xmas day breakfast. I would be annoyed as well, most of us have had children, and would not want our children to ruin other peoples pleasure, what is the world coming too, if they can afford to have a nanny then let them do the work, they can still though supervise a bit, but not make comments about how wonderful they are. Hope they have moved on and you can enjoy the rest of your stay at the hotel, perhaps for New year they can be dropped off somewhere interesting, and that everyone then can enjoy the fireworks that will be taking place in SYD, my daughter and boyfriend will be there. ^
Old Dec 25, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and falling), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
It's not legal???
Great post.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Personally, when it comes to Christmas, 99% of children are great to be around, I think its possibly as low as 60% of adults...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.