Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Executive Club -Stopover Rule

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
QueenDoOver,
Only way it could be done on BA miles is if Alaska Airlines flies SEA--MSP nonstop.
However, it works on Delta miles & planes because MSP is DL's hub, so SEA--MSP--MCO is a natural connection! U would have to book a roundtrip, but an open jaw is also allowed, for example rent a car 1-way to MIA, then return MIA--SEA.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:20 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by kats
I am thinking to book one way ICN-HKG-SIN on CX using BA miles. I want to spend a few days in HKG. Is a stopover allowed on BA one way awards? I believe it will be 40K miles biz.

Or do I need two OW awards?
I have been told by a BA Tokyo office agent that a stopover is not permitted on partner one way awards.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by kats
I have been told by a BA Tokyo office agent that a stopover is not permitted on partner one way awards.
I just got a quote for a Qantas flight with a stopover. They wouldn't waive the telephone booking fee though - I'm sure I read on here somewhere they would because it's not possible to book the stopover online?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by callum9999
They wouldn't waive the telephone booking fee though - I'm sure I read on here somewhere they would because it's not possible to book the stopover online?
The rule is that they should waive the fee if it should be possible to book online, but for some reason it's not possible.

Some people get lucky and get the fee waived in other circumstances.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:38 pm

when we book one partner award in business, can we still do Outbound on one airline and inbound on Another Airlines (USA-Far East) for 100000 miles?

I am thinking of CX outbound, JL inbound if its possible!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by anchor79
when we book one partner award in business, can we still do Outbound on one airline and inbound on Another Airlines (USA-Far East) for 100000 miles?

I am thinking of CX outbound, JL inbound if its possible!
Sure: one-way single-partner awards are available for half the miles of a round-trip single-partner award. But I think that BA charges a higher YQ on JL redemptions than on CX redemptions.

Last edited by guv1976; Jun 15, 2011 at 8:02 pm
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:58 am

Hi, If I want to travel LHR to OGG return using 50k BA miles, is it possible to fly LHR-IAD (BA) stoppver & then IAD to OGG via DFW & then return OGG-LAX-JFK (stop over) - LHR?? The most direct route from LHR to OGG would be via ORD, LAX or DFW (none of which desirable for a stopover) so I'm concerned I'd have to use extra miles to accommodate the stopovers?

Using another combination if I want to fly LHR to SFO is it possible to go via IAD (for stopover) or is the problem that BA fly SFO direct & therefore no stopover on Eastern Board city (eg IAD or JFK) would be possible (using single redemption BA miles)? thanks Bob
Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:53 pm

bump....any help/clarification appreciated.......thanks ^
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by badbob66
bump....any help/clarification appreciated.......thanks ^
I think you'll be okay with that. Give it a try.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:31 am

Question Help with Europe Stopover

Hi,

I am planning a one way travel to MAA from IAH. The most direct route is IAH-LHR-MAA. I wanted to know if I could do stopover in any other city in Europe (CDG, FCO) instead of in London (high fees and more visas to deal with). I have the availability for the dates I want for IAH-CDG and CDG-MAA, but I am not sure if I have to book it as two one-ways or can I somehow book it as one ticket with a stopover in CDG (even though CDG to MAA flies via LHR).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
gg2020
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:33 am

Outbound:
JFK-HKG(stop)
HKG-NRT

Inbound:
BKK-SIN(stop)-HKG-JFK

That seems like the most logical routing for 2 one-ways, does it not? I just need to book my own NRT-BKK.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by gg2020
Hi,

I am planning a one way travel to MAA from IAH. The most direct route is IAH-LHR-MAA. I wanted to know if I could do stopover in any other city in Europe (CDG, FCO) instead of in London (high fees and more visas to deal with). I have the availability for the dates I want for IAH-CDG and CDG-MAA, but I am not sure if I have to book it as two one-ways or can I somehow book it as one ticket with a stopover in CDG (even though CDG to MAA flies via LHR).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
gg2020
I doubt that you would be able to do this on an all-BA itinerary, as it would involve backtracking to London. If you want a stopover at CDG, I would explore whether BA would let you fly AA from IAH to CDG, and then BA from CDG to MAA on a single BA + one partner award. (I'm not sure if BA + one partner on this route costs the same miles as an all-BA itinerary; you would have to check the award charts.)
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by guv1976

I doubt that you would be able to do this on an all-BA itinerary, as it would involve backtracking to London. If you want a stopover at CDG, I would explore whether BA would let you fly AA from IAH to CDG, and then BA from CDG to MAA on a single BA + one partner award. (I'm not sure if BA + one partner on this route costs the same miles as an all-BA itinerary; you would have to check the award charts.)
Thanks. I will look into the BA + 1 partner route. The miles are only 10k extra for a roundtrip from the award charts. I will check availability and see if they will allow this.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by wolfie99
I recently booked LAX-LIM-SCL-IPC-SCL-MDZ-AEP/EZE-GRU-LIM-LAX for 40,000 miles per person and then LIM-AQP-JUL-CUZ-LIM for 20,000 miles per person. I am flying Lan Chile, Lan Peru, and Lan Argentina at various points on the trip.

Different agents when you call have different interpretations of the stopover rule and it took me several calls to get all those stops in there. I noticed that agents at their Jacksonville call center were much more helpful and willing to be creative than the ones based in CT. I also noticed that the availability on the website did not always match what the call center agents said was available (or they were lying because they didn't want to do a routing as complicated as mine.

Bottom line-multiple stopovers with LAN can be done.
Still trying to figure of the above will work? Is ICP the destination or is EZE/GRU? If EZE/GRU is the final destination, I'm wondering where the justification to go westward to ICP and back is?

I'm trying to do the above but am worried that BAEC will insist on LAX-LIM-SCL-IPC (OW) being the best they will do and ask me to issue another ticket to EZE/GRU.

Any thoughts?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage - Platinum
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Still trying to figure of the above will work? Is ICP the destination or is EZE/GRU? If EZE/GRU is the final destination, I'm wondering where the justification to go westward to ICP and back is?

I'm trying to do the above but am worried that BAEC will insist on LAX-LIM-SCL-IPC (OW) being the best they will do and ask me to issue another ticket to EZE/GRU.

Any thoughts?
I think you can try and book the following oneway awards:
Outbound = LAX - LIM - SCL - IPC (dest).
Return = IPC - SCL - MDZ - AEP/EZE - GRU - LIM - LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.