Wiki Posts
Search

Arrivals lounge in Manchester ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Arrivals lounge in Manchester ?

Just did a survey on BA flight I took at the weekend from LGW to MAN.

I was amazed to get the question - Did you use the Arrivals lounges at Manchester? Since when was there an Arrivals lounges in Manchester even when there was a MAN-JFK flight!

The IT people BA should really take a little more care in terms of how they (or their suppliers) program the logic of the survey. Arrivals lounge queries should only apply to LHR arrivals (think the JNB Arrivals lounge is currently closed and that is the only other lounge I can think of).
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by KenJohn
Just did a survey on BA flight I took at the weekend from LGW to MAN.

I was amazed to get the question - Did you use the Arrivals lounges at Manchester? Since when was there an Arrivals lounges in Manchester even when there was a MAN-JFK flight!

The IT people BA should really take a little more care in terms of how they (or their suppliers) program the logic of the survey. Arrivals lounge queries should only apply to LHR arrivals (think the JNB Arrivals lounge is currently closed and that is the only other lounge I can think of).

How about LGW ?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
How about LGW ?
And where precisely is the Arrivals lounge currently in LGW? I am talking lounge not shower facility.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by KenJohn
And where precisely is the Arrivals lounge currently in LGW? I am talking lounge not shower facility.
The Sofitel attached to the north terminal is the official lounge for BA arrivals - as well as showers there is a cold breakfast spread with drinks. Quite a nice place to relax.

OK it's not technically in the airport, but it's attached and a similar distance compared from gate to arrival lounge at T5.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Any updates on this topic?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Well. The only BA arrivals lounge is LHR

still nothing at Manchester and the gatters offering is no more

cs
Old Jul 28, 2018, 1:56 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Perhaps if we can demonstrate demand and revenue potential they might start one? That would be awesome.
MAN is my home base.
At the moment, most of my colleagues arriving go to a nearby airport hotel and hope for early check in so they can have a shower and dump bags before coming on site. If they could have a quick refresh at the airport it would be better for our clients and give us more time on site with them.
On a Monday I would estimate hundreds of folks are in the same situation.
That's not the same as the numbers at LHR but it's still pretty significant.
If anyone at MAN is interested in investigating this further, please PM me and I'll try to connect them to the relevant people at my company in the NW.
Let's make this happen
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
Perhaps if we can demonstrate demand and revenue potential they might start one? That would be awesome.
MAN is my home base.
At the moment, most of my colleagues arriving go to a nearby airport hotel and hope for early check in so they can have a shower and dump bags before coming on site. If they could have a quick refresh at the airport it would be better for our clients and give us more time on site with them.
On a Monday I would estimate hundreds of folks are in the same situation.
That's not the same as the numbers at LHR but it's still pretty significant.
If anyone at MAN is interested in investigating this further, please PM me and I'll try to connect them to the relevant people at my company in the NW.
Let's make this happen
Save your time and effort - it will never happen. The margin in (predominantly) short haul tickets would never cover it, and BA won't be putting ticket prices up.

If it would be good for your staff and clients then why not ask your company to negotiate its own agreement with a local hotel.

This is completely different to LHR where large numbers of travellers turn up having spent hours sleeping on a long haul flight.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:34 am

And bear in mind BA scrapped the arrivals facility with Sofitel at LGW - so if they can't justify it there, it's highly unlikely they can at MAN.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:50 am

My last reply got eaten by the DDOS monster.
We have LHR > LGW > MAN so I agree that if LGW isn't working MAN likely won't either.
I do think that there are opportunities though. E,g. shower rooms like HND arrivals, not really a lounge just a facility.
As always it's a cost-benefit equation, but as we have seen with recent BA route introductions this can be skewed by deals with local government and companies.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I think that the chances of negotiating a day-room rate with a local hotel (the Hilton?) for the use of a room for a couple of hours is far higher than the chance of an arrivals lounge opening at Manchester – I simply can’t see the economics stacking up for a lounge.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:10 am

KenJohn Massive apologies for hijack
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:16 am

KenJohn Massive apologies for hijack
?? The thread is 9 years old.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by simons1
?? The thread is 9 years old.
B767capt reactivated
Seems clear than many still have strong opinions
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

B767capt reactivated
Seems clear than many still have strong opinions
if they were going to build an arrivals lounge at MAN, it wouldn't be in T3 (there are only 2 (max) AA long haul flights arriving into T3). I guess it would be in the upgraded T2, as that has lots of long hauls, and could be shared with T1 long hauls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.