Search

Have I screwed up

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:34 pm
McG
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Have I screwed up

I checked through my EC page on availability to book and upgrade a flight from GLA to LAS from WT+ to CW. I then went into BA.com and checked the flight + hotel option and got myself what appeared to be a good deal for WT+ + hotel accomodation in Vegas.

When I check in MMB I seen no option to upgrade using miles.

Should I contact the EC for help in upgrading this to CW using miles.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
What booking class are you in for WT+? Do you know?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:52 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Lucifer UK
What booking class are you in for WT+? Do you know?
It shouldn't really matter anyway, as all WT+ fares are upgradable. I suspect this will be due to the domestic leg being booked into a fare class that cannot be upgraded.

Not sure if this would then prohibit upgrading the main WT+ leg.

The other problem could be that this may have been booked as a BA holiday (as flight+hotel). These are treated as TA flights, and are not upgradable at the moment.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:03 pm
McG
Original Poster

Not sure on what class it was booked into.
Couple of things I noticed logging into MMB:

1. I am able to select seats on the domestic legs - I am a Blue Card Holder.
2. Originally showed 1 pce baggage allowance. Now shows 2.
3. Also Originally showed mileage and TP that would be posted for this booking. Now doesn't show.

When I go to MMB now and select the Upgrade an exisitng booking using Miles I get an
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:06 pm
McG
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The other problem could be that this may have been booked as a BA holiday (as flight+hotel). These are treated as TA flights, and are not upgradable at the moment.

Cheers,
Rick
Rick,

I think you have hit the nail on the head there, that it is treating the booking as if it was booked through a travel agent and not the BA website. Do you know when they plan to implement the change to allow the TA bookings to be upgraded.

Mark
Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It shouldn't really matter anyway, as all WT+ fares are upgradable.
I don't think P class is upgradeable.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:21 am
McG
Original Poster

I phoned the EC to enquire as to whether my ticket was upgradeable using miles. As I booked a package of flight + hotel through BA.com, this is not upgradeable. Partly my fault for not knowing that booking a package meant you couldn't MFU the flight using MMB.

However I did manage to get 14 nights accomodation in Vegas + 10000 Bonus BA Miles for approx £180 more than I was going to pay for the WT+ ticket itself before I booked the flight + hotel package. The extra miles bonus means I will earn just over 25000 miles for the trip.

The EC quoted me a fee of approx £1000 return to upgrade the flight to CW.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by McG
I phoned the EC to enquire as to whether my ticket was upgradeable using miles. As I booked a package of flight + hotel through BA.com, this is not upgradeable. Partly my fault for not knowing that booking a package meant you couldn't MFU the flight using MMB.

However I did manage to get 14 nights accomodation in Vegas + 10000 Bonus BA Miles for approx £180 more than I was going to pay for the WT+ ticket itself before I booked the flight + hotel package. The extra miles bonus means I will earn just over 25000 miles for the trip.

The EC quoted me a fee of approx £1000 return to upgrade the flight to CW.

For an extra £180, to get 14 nights in a hotel, and 10,000 bonus miles is a very good deal. What hotel are you staying at? Don't worry, not going to stalk you. How come 14 nights there? I'm not sure how familiar you are with Vegas, but I lived there for 3 months this year. If you want to know the places to go, just private message me. I can also tell you the cheapest places to eat and drink are. If you want a mid priced holiday, not too far from home, Vegas is a good option as it's so cheap right now (in comparison to how it is usually).
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:24 am
McG
Original Poster

Tropicana - I've stayed there before. Bit dated but rooms are reasonable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.