FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lounge access - Quick question - arriving in CW, onward in ET (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1007435-lounge-access-quick-question-arriving-cw-onward-et.html)

MarkLHR Oct 19, 2009 7:13 am

Lounge access - Quick question - arriving in CW, onward in ET

Arriving at LHR T5 in CW connecting to MAD on BA from T3 in Eurotraveller - would pax (blue EC member) be entitled to use BA lounge in T3?

hammythehammer Oct 19, 2009 7:15 am

Originally Posted by MarkLHR (Post 12669854)
Arriving at LHR T5 in CW connecting to MAD on BA from T3 in Eurotraveller - would pax (blue EC member) be entitled to use BA lounge in T3?

Yes. Keep your CW boarding pass to show at the lounge.

MarkLHR Oct 19, 2009 7:16 am

thanks for the quick reply hammy

edi-traveller Oct 19, 2009 10:16 am

Originally Posted by hammythehammer (Post 12669861)
Yes. Keep your CW boarding pass to show at the lounge.

And also be prepared to argue the toss - because although you are definitely entitled - some of the lounge staff seem to think you aren't.

matthewuk Oct 19, 2009 12:15 pm

You *should* be OK as the rules are on your side.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...light-fco.html for some more info including links to 'rules' in post #28

I have had another reply from BA on this issue which is essentially 'yes you are entitled to access' but it hasn't really addressed the problem of lounge and customer service staff not knowing the rules (or the BA website or MMB being correct for that matter) or advice on what to do when denied. I'm hoping BA Executive CLub (Nicci) will be back soon and can revisit this issue.

Perhaps you could email Customer Services and ask and post back here? It would be interesting to know if their information has been updated....

adrianjc32 Oct 19, 2009 1:40 pm

If ever you feel that you are being denied something that you are entitled to you can speak with the Customer Service Duty Manager. Simply ask the staff and they will call one for you.

matthewuk Oct 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by adrianjc32 (Post 12672094)
If ever you feel that you are being denied something that you are entitled to you can speak with the Customer Service Duty Manager. Simply ask the staff and they will call one for you.

unless you get the chap from the North Lounge in this post.....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10077914-post105.html

(although to be fair - thanks adrianjc32 for advising the person on duty who should know ^. )

MarkLHR Oct 20, 2009 9:14 pm

Well, the lounge dragon denied entry on the day in question. Unfortunately my friend could not argue the toss as he's not a fluent english speaker. However, an email is on its way to BAEC so will report back as to the outcome shortly. Lounge staff should be identifiable and be reminded of entry entitlements.

indianwells Oct 20, 2009 11:52 pm

I'm astonished this hasn't been addressed by BA. It must be infuriating being denied access knowing that the rules say otherwise. Not to say downright embarrassing!:td:

matthewuk Oct 21, 2009 2:35 am

Originally Posted by MarkLHR (Post 12681003)
Well, the lounge dragon denied entry on the day in question. Unfortunately my friend could not argue the toss as he's not a fluent english speaker. However, an email is on its way to BAEC so will report back as to the outcome shortly. Lounge staff should be identifiable and be reminded of entry entitlements.

I know it's too late now and a bit 'after the event' but I do think an email to customer services in order. I was assured by them that 'everyone is trained now' but it seems not.

Euan Oct 21, 2009 4:21 am

I'd no problems last week getting into the CR before my flight up to GLA after arriving from BKK... a nice way to spend a few hours and not bad for £40! ;)

dewsburyborn Oct 21, 2009 7:52 am

dewsburyborn Oct 21, 2009 7:53 am

Originally Posted by indianwells (Post 12681689)
I'm astonished this hasn't been addressed by BA. It must be infuriating being denied access knowing that the rules say otherwise. Not to say downright embarrassing!:td:

I always carry a print of the section from the Oneworld site to be able to (mildly) present in such a situation. The last time I did this, even then they continued to argue it until a manager happened by and intervened.

If a line starts to form behind it can be embarrassing and also makes you think it is not worth the grief - but we KNOW it is really...;)

efincomputer Oct 21, 2009 9:54 am

Originally Posted by matthewuk (Post 12682082)
I know it's too late now and a bit 'after the event' but I do think an email to customer services in order. I was assured by them that 'everyone is trained now' but it seems not.

Its been a problem for years - Mrs Efin and I were denied access to the lounge at GLA when we were flying down to LHR (T4) for an onward flight to JFK in F (all a miles booking - Same PNR) back in November 2005. Unfortunatley Mrs Efin was getting too embarrased for me to press the point and i decided to leave it (given that we were shortly going to be enjoying the CCR at T4), but i wrote and complained to BA about it back then. It really IS appalling that they have any staff working in lounges who havent been properly trained - i mean it's hardly rocket science, and surely they could issue the lounge reception desks with a little crib sheet of the Oneworld rules to avoid embarrasing passengers like this.

Sorry your friend was denied access and put through the hassle and embarrasment of the whole thing.

Efin

hammythehammer Oct 21, 2009 10:01 am

I suggested a simple flowchart to BA. Would take someone a couple of hours to produce.