FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question to BA lurkers about Redemptions and Domestics
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:48 am
Aerotec

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Well it gets more confusing...

After complaining to BA by email my friend got a call saying that he was not entitled to lounge access. He referred the lady to the Oneworld section that stipulates access is permitted. She then went away and called him again and she followed up with an email. Here is what she said...

From: BA Customer Relations [mailto:*******@contact.britishairways.com]
Sent: 22 July 2008 11:27
To: ******
Subject: Your Response from BA Customer Relations

Dear Mr Passenger

Thank you for your time on the phone today to discuss the problems you had in Terminal 5 when you tried to access the Club Lounge.

The manager at the Terminal 5 North lounge has advised me that passengers who have travelled on a Club World ticket connecting to a Domestic flight are allowed to use the lounge on a discretionary basis, provided that that lounge is not busy. However passengers connecting to a European flight travelling on a Euro Traveller ticket would not be allowed to use the lounge facility.

Although our website advises passengers travelling on a domestic flight are entitled to use the lounge if connecting to a flight on a Club class ticket, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use the lounge if you are connecting to a domestic flight after travelling on a Club class ticket. I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

If you wish to discuss this further with me, please reply to this email by clicking on the blue link below.

Thank you again for your time on the phone. We value your support as a Blue member of the Executive Club and I do hope that despite your disappointing experience you will choose to travel with us again in the not too distant future.

Best regards

So you can use the lounge but not of we don't want you to. My friend is really put out by this. On the phone the lady actually said access depends on the mood of the staff member!!

Not related by class but I just asked in the Concorde Lounge as to what lounge I can use when I fly back in from SFO in F. I was told I was welcome to return to the Concorde Lounge.

BA EXECUTIVE CLUB are you able to take this further? I can provide my friends contact details for you to investigate. They are BA Blue but really it shouldn't matter.

Aero