Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIAMI Easter 2010 Fares

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

MIAMI Easter 2010 Fares

Does anyone have any idea if BA are likely to reduce the fares in CW for Miami in Easter 2010. They are currently even higher than last years prices despite the credit crunch.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by dpscrest
Does anyone have any idea if BA are likely to reduce the fares in CW for Miami in Easter 2010. They are currently even higher than last years prices despite the credit crunch.
Easter's a very busy time for travel on Florida routes, including MIA, as these are popular destinations for parents with children on school holidays. It's also one of the peak travel times for South Florida.

I think they'll come down a bit but from what I've seen some of the Florida flights are already fairly well booked.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What fares are you seeing?

LHR-MIA fares are around £2,300 in I class, which seems comparable with last years prices (excepting the half price sale) IIRC.

For the same fare you could fly LHR-ORD-FLL for extra tier miles/points, if the I class is not available on the direct MIA flights.

Or fly to TPA/MCO instead for around £1,700.

Even if the fares go down, the availability will be gone for the Easter period, with all the I class seats gone, and more expensive D, C, J seats lefts.

It's not only Easter, it's also school holidays, so everything will get booked up soon.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
sunrisegirl / Smirnoff - it's been many a long month since I've seen you two lovebirds posting in the same thread one after the other.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:06 am
Original Poster

thanks for this, just really suprised that people are still flocking on hold and paying the big fares in these times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.