Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Sao Paulo domestic connection/transfer times (GRU and CGH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: American, United

Hello,

I've searched extensively and although several related threads exist, I didn't find any that answered these particular questions satisfactorily.

I'll be flying domestic within Brazil, and am wondering if these connection times are possible. I'll be by myself with one carry-on bag only, and all flights will be on GOL.

Monday, April 30
Arrive CGH from GIG, 11:10AM
Depart CGH for CGR (Campo Grande), 11:45AM
(35 minutes!)

Friday, May 4
Arrive GRU from CGR, 9:30AM
Depart GRU for MAO (Manaos), 10:35AM
(65 minutes seems reasonable??)

Many thanks, in advance. Everyone's help is appreciated.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:39 am

Programs: Smiles Diamante, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by kurish
Hello,

I've searched extensively and although several related threads exist, I didn't find any that answered these particular questions satisfactorily.

I'll be flying domestic within Brazil, and am wondering if these connection times are possible. I'll be by myself with one carry-on bag only, and all flights will be on GOL.

Monday, April 30
Arrive CGH from GIG, 11:10AM
Depart CGH for CGR (Campo Grande), 11:45AM
(35 minutes!)

Friday, May 4
Arrive GRU from CGR, 9:30AM
Depart GRU for MAO (Manaos), 10:35AM
(65 minutes seems reasonable??)

Many thanks, in advance. Everyone's help is appreciated.
Unless your incoming flights run late, you should be ok in both occasions. Just make sure you do not have to check in again in CGH and GRU (which I´m sure you won´t have to, but always good to check).
Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1 Million; HH Gold; HGVC
i've been thru Brazil: gig, gru, ssa, quite regularly and a few others occassionally. Never been to Manaus but hear it can be an awesome trip. However, my limited experience in Brazilian airports is not optimistic. The people are usually great, but I've been delayed, late, rerouted, etc more times than i've been on time.

hopefully you will be OK, but I would have plan B ready to go. Good luck.

love Brazil.
Old May 17, 2007, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, United
Thanks for your responses.

I booked the 65 min connection (CGR->GRU->MAO) and made the MAO flight, but just by the skin of my teeth. Who knew you had to go through customs/immigration again when coming into Sao Paulo from Campo Grande??? I'm not sure if the plane was an international flight that just stopped to pick up a few more passengers in Campo Grande, or if that area is so close to the Bolivia/Paraguay border that Brazil decided to treat it as "international" for the sake of increased safety/control.

Anyway, thankfully the lines were short in GRU, and the GOL personnel were very helpful about getting me on the flight in time. If either of those hadn't been the case, I would have missed it. By the way, checking in for GRU->MAO at the same time as the CGR->MAO flight was not possible.

Re: the 35 min connection, for future readers' reference, there would simply be no way to make that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.