Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Day trip from GRU - or other suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM

My husband will arrive at GRU in a few days. He had planned to meet up with a friend but their plans recently fell through, so my husband is looking for recommendations for ways to spend the day. He arrives 9:00 am this Sunday and leaves at 1:30 am Monday morning.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:34 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
NYT Article

Have a look at these both websites:

- The NYT published an interesting article on Sao Paulo (At 450, São Paulo Is Full of Energy) which has the city's main tourist highlights:

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/.../sao-paulo.htm

- For short trips from Sao Paulo to nearby cities check out this info:

http://www.gringoes.com/subcategoria...bcategoria=117

Rgs,
Old Oct 30, 2005, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Thanks. The link to the downtown info was quite helpful and was the link above. Do you have any personal experience with any of the cities listed (above)? Fishing in GUARAREMA would really interest mr. ok.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 1:10 pm

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
My only experience of a day-trip from Sao Paulo city was Guaruja (also mentioned in the link)- it is a good option if you like beaches.

From what you mentioned h/she will only have 1 and 1/2 day in Sao Paulo, so I wouldnt venture outside Sao Paulo city. 1 and 1/2 days is enough to keep you busy in Sao Paulo city's downtown main attractions. [dont forget to visit the "Torre Italia" for an amazing panoramic view of the city].

Rgs,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.