Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

GRU T3 Transit Hotel - Domestic > International Transfer (flights on different days)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GRU T3 Transit Hotel - Domestic > International Transfer (flights on different days)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: TP *S | FB Silver | LH

Hi all,

Next month, I have a domestic LA CNF-GRU domestic flight landing at 4 PM on T2 one day and connecting to AF GRU-CDG around 2PM from T3 the next day. Booked on separate tickets.

I booked overnight accomodation on the TRYP BY WYNDHAM airside transit hotel at T3.

I will be flying HBO so there is no need to go landside to retrieve/re-check bags.

Can anyone confirm if I will be able to transit domestic T2 > international T3 with a boarding pass for a flight that departs the next day?

I haven't transited through GRU for more than 20 years so not sure how the airport is these days.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited by smbk83; Mar 6, 2024 at 6:48 am
Old Mar 7, 2024, 3:04 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
From the hotels website-

Our hotel is located inside the international Terminal 3 of São Paulo Guarulhos Airport and is only available for those traveling to international destinations. You must have checked luggage with an international boarding pass or international connection in order to check in and stay at our hotel.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 3:14 am

Maybe call the hotel?

+55-11-24458100
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks,

I will give them a call later to get confirmation and provide an update.

I got this automated message from the hotel when I did my booking:

Connecting via Guarulhos TO international destinations:
🛫 Coming by Domestic Flight: ✔ Access allowed as long as luggage is collected only at the final international destination.
🛫 Coming by Domestic Flight: ❌ Luggage must be picked up in Gru and checked in again – Access only after checking bags.
🛫 Between International Flights: ✔ Access allowed to the hotel.

Unfortunately, it does not state if this is allowed if the international flight departs the next day.

Worst case, I can change my flight to a later one that will land at GRU after midnight.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Tried contacting the hotel several times and no one picked up the on the provided number or the one displayed on booking.com

Digging through some conditions, I found the following:

From an international flight connecting to other international flight.

From a national flight connecting to an international flight, if the passenger has a combined ticket and the checked luggage.

So it means the domestic > international airside connection can only be done if all flights are under the same PNR. Otherwise, you need to go landside, and enter T3 but cannot find any information if I can enter the airport with a boarding pass for the next day.

As I cannot get any response from the hotel, I decided to cancel the reservation and book a room at the Hamptons by Hilton nearby (which includes a free shuttle to/from airport/hotel) for half the price!
Old Mar 7, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by smbk83

I haven't transited through GRU for more than 20 years so not sure how the airport is these days.
Sounds like you came up with a solution in a later post. Since you mentioned that you hadn't been thru GRU in 20 years, there is an air side connection between Terminal 2 and Terminal 3. Of course. arriving domestically, a boarding pass would be needed to use it. However, I don't know whether a next day boarding pass would be acceptable. Your other suggestion of arriving after midnight would also have worked.
smbk83 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by smbk83
Tried contacting the hotel several times and no one picked up the on the provided number or the one displayed on booking.com

Digging through some conditions, I found the following:

From an international flight connecting to other international flight.

From a national flight connecting to an international flight, if the passenger has a combined ticket and the checked luggage.

So it means the domestic > international airside connection can only be done if all flights are under the same PNR. Otherwise, you need to go landside, and enter T3 but cannot find any information if I can enter the airport with a boarding pass for the next day.

As I cannot get any response from the hotel, I decided to cancel the reservation and book a room at the Hamptons by Hilton nearby (which includes a free shuttle to/from airport/hotel) for half the price!
. My Scottish DNA tells me you got a good deal.
smbk83 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qfrodo
Sounds like you came up with a solution in a later post. Since you mentioned that you hadn't been thru GRU in 20 years, there is an air side connection between Terminal 2 and Terminal 3. Of course. arriving domestically, a boarding pass would be needed to use it. However, I don't know whether a next day boarding pass would be acceptable. Your other suggestion of arriving after midnight would also have worked.
Last time I was at GRU only what is now T2 existed! I could not find any information if I would be allowed to enter T3 with a next day boarding pass so it was not worth the risk.

Originally Posted by malagajohn
. My Scottish DNA tells me you got a good deal.
When I accounted the additional costs to change my flight (the fare difference was very high) to a later time it became a no-brainer to cancel the booking and find another hotel!
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Last week I connected off Aerolineas Argentinas to Swiss at GRU When I checked in at AEP, Aerolineas Argentinas were unable to issue a boarding pass. I went to the transfer security and was able to get through showing my itinerary on my phone. A chap from Worldwide Fuel Services had to fill in a form to allow me to transfer to T3 without boarding pass. I could see at least 15 or 20 people had passed through without boarding passes already that day. I was issued a boarding pass at the gate by Swiss. It was annoying though as the Duty Free enroute would not sell me anything as I lacked a boarding pass.

My Swiss flight was same day though and my transfer window was only around 2 hrs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.