Search

HELP PLEASE: Iguazu Falls: Domestic booking ex UK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2022, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
HELP PLEASE: Iguazu Falls: Domestic booking ex UK

Hi
Whilst in Brasil in Nov/23 am v.interested in a short excursion to visit the Iguazu Falls
Priced up LATAM flights and a 2 night stay at the Belmond by booking each myself at £1298, flying direct in Prem Plus GIG<>IGU
Just looked on Expedia and could do the same for 1,199 (less quidco cashback of 8%)

The difference+cashback will help pay for the extras on site..

Are the risks of booking thru Expedia higher or lower than going direct to each vendor?

TIA and HNY
Old Dec 31, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
I have no direct experience with using Expedia. I believe AmEx uses Expedia and in some online groups I often see negative comments or reports of problems from people who have used Expedia. I would also think that should any irregular operations occur, you would be better off not using a third party for your bookings.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 4:44 am

Can't help, but a quick note

Originally Posted by Delboy65
Hi
Whilst in Brasil in Nov/23 am v.interested in a short excursion to visit the Iguazu Falls
Priced up LATAM flights and a 2 night stay at the Belmond by booking each myself at £1298, flying direct in Prem Plus GIG<>IGU
Just looked on Expedia and could do the same for 1,199 (less quidco cashback of 8%)

The difference+cashback will help pay for the extras on site..

Are the risks of booking thru Expedia higher or lower than going direct to each vendor?

TIA and HNY
We were in Buenos Aires and went to Iguazu Falls and stayed at the Melia on the Argentinian side. We booked flights and lodging separately. All I can add is that we've been traveling all over South America and seen and done some incredible stuff. Iguana, Machu Picchu Galapagos, Colca Canyon Salta and Jujuy. Iguazu was one of my favorites!!! I would book separately incase of IRROPS, as I have read that is can be difficult to get help from Expedia. And peace of mind to see the falls is worth the price difference ( in my opinion).
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Thanks.
What I was expecting to hear if am honest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.