Wiki Posts
Search

7 hour layover in Iguazu enough time?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2020, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
7 hour layover in Iguazu enough time?

Im planning on arriving 11:45 and departing at 7pm at IGU, is that enough time from the airport to the Argentina side for a quick tour?
I will be having 2 and 5 yr old with me, I have been and stayed overnight in Argentina from a bus tour, but my friends dont know anything about iguazu, so I was going to throw in this layover so they can have a quick tour.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 12:41 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by yuel
Im planning on arriving 11:45 and departing at 7pm at IGU, is that enough time from the airport to the Argentina side for a quick tour?
I will be having 2 and 5 yr old with me, I have been and stayed overnight in Argentina from a bus tour, but my friends dont know anything about iguazu, so I was going to throw in this layover so they can have a quick tour.
I believe all of Argentina's land borders are closed at least until the end of January so one cannot fly into IGU and visit the Argentine side of the falls.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by dls25
I believe all of Argentina's land borders are closed at least until the end of January so one cannot fly into IGU and visit the Argentine side of the falls.
That is correct
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by dls25
I should have mention it will be in August
Old Dec 27, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Hrad one to call right now . No one knows how the borders will be at that time.

Right now the Argentine government is being very strict due to high numbers of virus infections in Brazil and in Paraguay.

In normal circumstances, the Brazil land border is very easy to cross. The maximum I have had to do is ten minutes.

The Argentine border is another matter altogether. Could be anything from 15 minutes to 2 hours depending on how many people are crossing and the time you are crossing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.