Search

Chances of "normal" by NYE?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 11:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Chances of "normal" by NYE?

Looking to go to Brazil for NYE, head back to Europe for a while then return for Carnival in Feb of '21. Any chance either of these are possible? I want to be optimistic and think that by the EOY we will be past this, but looking for more intel from people on the ground. TY! Obviously I know you can't say for sure.
Old May 7, 2020, 5:37 pm

Totally depends on your risk profile but I’m super worried about Brazil. My wife and I don’t know anybody in the US who have it but tons in Rio. It feels like Brazil has the perfect combination of ingredients in place to get hit the hardest of all countries. I can honestly see the country collapsing bc of this. It’s a low probability scenario but it’s not zero. So yeah...would love for anyone actually in Brazil at the moment tell me I’m over exaggerating.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
OP, you're basically asking for people to get their crystal balls out.

I'm with Esmjb on this: I think Brazil had what it takes to become THE epicenter of Covid-19. Whether things will have calmed down by NYE is entirely dependent on vaccines, herd immunity, who knows? Keep your plans loose: I'm fairly certain that even if things are somewhat back to normal by then, you'd be easily able to find last minute flights and definitely rock-bottom priced accommodation (especially with 1USD = 6 BRL, maybe more by then).
Old May 8, 2020, 7:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by RafKa
OP, you're basically asking for people to get their crystal balls out.

I'm with Esmjb on this: I think Brazil had what it takes to become THE epicenter of Covid-19. Whether things will have calmed down by NYE is entirely dependent on vaccines, herd immunity, who knows? Keep your plans loose: I'm fairly certain that even if things are somewhat back to normal by then, you'd be easily able to find last minute flights and definitely rock-bottom priced accommodation (especially with 1USD = 6 BRL, maybe more by then).
Yes, I know it's all guessing. I managed to find super cheap flights with SWU space, won't book hotels unless they're refundable.
Old May 9, 2020, 8:13 am

“Chances of ‘normal’” are zero. The world as we know it is no more, right now we’re just starting to fall into an abyss and only time will tell whether we will endure the arduous climb, or fall faster than we can climb.

The ‘new normal’, if it happens at all, will certainly take some time to come about. I hope I’m proven wrong...
NPF likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.