Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

GRU intl->domestic, one ticket, collection of luggage?

Old Mar 2, 19, 10:08 am
Original Poster

I searched for an answer to my doubts but found different opinions, so I hope you'll help me to clarify the situation.
I'll arrive to GRU (T3) on AC flight from YYZ and will have next flight on AV to IGU (from T2) on the same ticket. My question is, if my luggage will be checked through in YYZ to final destination (IGU)? Some say I'll have to collect it after arrival to GRU and then take it with me from T3 to T2 in order to check it again for my domestic AV flight to IGU. What are your experiences?
Old Mar 2, 19, 11:37 am

Collect luggage and clear customs/immigration then re-check which will be right outside the exit door so no need to carry all the way to T2.
tropikey likes this.
Old Mar 5, 19, 12:17 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
I find the queues at the domestic recheck area are long during the peak intl arrivals banks, and there isn't (AFAIK) any priority line. I often walk my luggage over to T2
Old Jun 13, 19, 11:33 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Ambassador (LTT)
Hi,

im on the same boat. AC YYZ-GRU-GIG. One ticket

1) is 2h10m enough for transiting in GRU? I->D
2) my GRU-GIG flight is LATAM. what terminal is that and how far is it from AC arrival terminal?
Old Jun 16, 19, 5:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD Diamante, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by supatight80 View Post
Hi,

im on the same boat. AC YYZ-GRU-GIG. One ticket

1) is 2h10m enough for transiting in GRU? I->D
2) my GRU-GIG flight is LATAM. what terminal is that and how far is it from AC arrival terminal?
If your flight is on time, you should be OK. Most international flights arrive at T-3, but a few arrive at a part of T-2. In either case, you have to claim any checked luggage and recheck it. There are recheck counters for the domestic airlines outside of Customs. Clearing security for domestic flights is normally pretty smooth in my experience. Even if a good size line, it moves along well.

Search this Thread