Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

E-visas Available for Brazil

Old Dec 11, 17, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Since November 21, 2017, Brazil has offered the option of online e-visas for Australians to save the visits to Brazil embassies and consulates. Sounds good, any experiences to share?

E-visas will be offered to Americans, Canadians and Japanese as of January, 2018. The e - visas are to be done within 72 hours.

Brazil to begin issuing e-visas for Australians in November ? BrazilGovNews

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/us-...isas-to-brazil
Old Dec 12, 17, 10:08 am

Are the e-visas for Australians also valid for 1/5 of the time a regular visa is, for the same price?
Old Dec 13, 17, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia View Post
Are the e-visas for Australians also valid for 1/5 of the time a regular visa is, for the same price?
The e-visa for Australians is valid for 8 times the duration as previously for about the same price. The regular visa was ? still is only valid for 90 days
Old Dec 13, 17, 6:34 am

So conditions make the e-visa a better deal for Australians, while that is apparently not the case for US passport holders. Apparently an e-visa valid for 2 years is going to be the same fee as a 10 year visa by "regular" channels, for US passport holders.
Old Jan 15, 18, 4:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Would love to make a quick trip to GIG in a couple weeks. As a US Citizen, am I safe making bookings for the first week of Feb knowing that E-Visas will be available beginning at end of Jan?
Old Jan 15, 18, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by damaxer91 View Post
Would love to make a quick trip to GIG in a couple weeks. As a US Citizen, am I safe making bookings for the first week of Feb knowing that E-Visas will be available beginning at end of Jan?
I think you can, since Japan was added to the program according to schedule:

Brazil Visa Information In eVisa - Home Page
Old Jan 16, 18, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by damaxer91 View Post
no way man. You can’t trust Brazil doing what they say they will do.
Old Jan 18, 18, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Esmjb View Post
no way man. You can’t trust Brazil doing what they say they will do.
Another evidence that you are wrong is the fact that it became possible today for Canadian nationals to apply for e-visas, just like it was scheduled.
Old Jan 19, 18, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by C010T3 View Post
Another evidence that you are wrong is the fact that it became possible today for Canadian nationals to apply for e-visas, just like it was scheduled.
You live in Brazil and you know things are never on time so for something to be on time is unusual. Therefore for you to recommend to a stranger to go ahead and buy a possibly non-refundable ticket based on the assumption Brasil will get US e-visas done on time is unwise and reckless, IMHO.
Old Jan 19, 18, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Esmjb View Post
You live in Brazil and you know things are never on time so for something to be on time is unusual. Therefore for you to recommend to a stranger to go ahead and buy a possibly non-refundable ticket based on the assumption Brasil will get US e-visas done on time is unwise and reckless, IMHO.
I don't think of myself as unwise and reckless. I offered my opinion. He may or may not feel reassured to go through with his plans, but I am certain that he is a reasonable person that will not misconstrue my opinion based on perception and knowledge of Brazilian bureaucracy as an absolute assurance that everything will work according to plan.
Old Jan 23, 18, 9:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat, AA Gold, Avis PresClub
Visa for US citizens are to be available online in 2 days on Jan 25th according to Brazil Ministry Of Foreign Affairs contact us page.
https://truptravels.com/2018/01/23/b...2-days-online/
Old Jan 24, 18, 12:01 pm

When you get yours, let us know.
Old Jan 25, 18, 10:41 am

The Brazilian Ministério das Relações Exteriores sent out a video today, through the local Brazilian Consulate's Facebook page, announcing that the e-visa program will indeed begin functioning today.
https://www.facebook.com/ItamaratyGo...Ov-58koXiHDHU8

form: [Link to a private, non-governmental service's form of e-visa application edited per post below.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jan 25, 18 at 10:37 pm Reason: See note above and post #14 below
Old Jan 25, 18, 6:09 pm

Please do not follow the link suggested by VidaNaPraia! That's not the official website!

It is no wonder that he has been saying that the e-visa will cost the same as the normal visa, but with a shorter validity. He is terribly misinformed.

Please find below the official website for the visa application:

Brazil Visa Information In eVisa - Home Page

The Brazilian government chose VFS Global as its service provider. I believe VFS Global is widely recognized as a visa processing company for many countries.

Since earlier today US nationals have been able to place their e-visa applications.
Old Jan 26, 18, 10:10 am

The URL I cited was the one posted yesterday on the Brazilian Consulate in Boston's (Consulado-Geral do Brasil em Boston) Facebook page yesterday, with a video from the Brazilian Ministério das Relações Exteriores announcing the start of the program.

Excuse me for assuming that the Consulate, an organ of the Brazilian government, might know what they were talking about. No wonder I am "terribly misinformed", crediting what the Brazilian government has said.

Last edited by VidaNaPraia; Jan 26, 18 at 10:15 am

Search this Thread