Fingerprint

Old Aug 31, 17, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Fingerprint

Does Brazil take fingerprint from visitors at airports?
Old Aug 31, 17, 8:59 am

Programs: Status? What's status?
I was there in July and they did not take fingerprints of visitors entering at GIG.
Old Aug 31, 17, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

But I heard they take fingerprints

but I heard they take fingerprints
Old Aug 31, 17, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT PLT, AA LT PLT, HH GLD, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Well, you can believe what you "heard" or the answer from someone who was actually there.

And if you weren't going to believe the answer you received, why did you bother to ask?
Old Aug 31, 17, 6:14 pm

At one point quite long ago there was some retaliatory issue and yes, they were taking a fingerprint (one finger placed in a digital device) for a short time. You might remember they were taking a photo of each visitor at the time and one pilot caused a scandal by objecting and showing his middle finger to the camera.

edit: 2004
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/am....gesture.reut/
Old Sep 10, 17, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Brazil

Has anyone any experience?
Old Sep 10, 17, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD Diamante, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
As the referenced article above, provided by VidaNaPraia, indicates, the fingerprinting that Brazil implemented back in 2004 was a reciprocity action due to the US implementing fingerprinting of all aliens, not just Brazilians. Prior to 2008, I made trips to Brazil about 2 or 3 times a year. From 2008 until 2016 I was traveling back and forth between Brazil and the US monthly. Brazil's finger printing lasted about all of 6 months, if that long, as I was only finger printed once. During my monthly trip period, not at all. My most recent entry was in July this year and there was no finger printing. I travel again next week and if something has changed, I will report it here.
Old Sep 10, 17, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Elien View Post
Has anyone any experience?

Why? You don't consider that I posted that article from "experience", i.e. frequent trips?
Are yours burned off for some reason, or you have an INTERPOL criminal rep, so you're worried?
Old Sep 16, 17, 9:00 pm

edit.
Old Sep 17, 17, 12:30 pm

Location: Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C via Boston via New York
No, they don't, but if you have a visa requiring you to go to the Federal Police they certainly will.
Old Sep 17, 17, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat, Nat EE
I was last there in May, but as a Canadian, we don't do fingerprints here, so there was no reciprocity done to me there. But I "think" they no longer bother to do that for Americans.

I am flying back to GIG again this Saturday, so I will check for you and report back. As I speak Portuguese I'll just ask the PF at immigration.
Old Sep 24, 17, 8:25 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat, Nat EE
I jusr went thru immigration in GIG an hour ago, and there is no fingerprinting taking place, nor is any equipment visible in the PF kiosks. Landed on UA129.

Forgot to add that if your visa requires fingerprints (I have a permanent resident visa VIPER) the PF will take all your fingerprints the old school way (INK) as well as electronically. I forgot how messy that was.......heh.
Old Sep 25, 17, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD Diamante, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Well, KDS777 , I went thru about an hour before you yesterday and no fingerprints for me either. Methinks this thread could be closed.
Old Sep 25, 17, 6:08 pm

Shoulda been done after post #2
qfrodo likes this.

Search this Thread