Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

Int'l to Int'l Connections At GRU Without Visa

Int'l to Int'l Connections At GRU Without Visa

Old Mar 25, 17, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa View Post
That’s a different situation (int'l to domestic connection). She would be wise to pre-check in online/via the Gol app. She’ll have to go through immigration and customs. The first question is whether she’s a Brazilian national: if so, she’ll clear immigration much more quickly as she’d be able to go through the e-gates by scanning her passport. Once past customs, the walk to T2 is not that long (maybe 15-20 mins at a brisk pace, and with help from the moving walkways), and without bags to check, she can just head to domestic departures and reach her gate up to 20 mins before the scheduled departure time.

I reckon she’ll be at the gate around 9:15am, assuming no delays.
She made it! AA215 was 29 minutes late and she took a bus from T3 to T2.

Thanks for the tips!
Old Mar 17, 19, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
Originally Posted by abeyro View Post
It is not a "couple of miles" between the terminals if you connect int'l to int'l (staying airside all the time).
We landed in T3 AF from Paris and then took Aerolinias Argentinas to Buenos Aires from T2
Yes, there's a longish corridor between T3 and T2 but all we marched was something like 15 minutes, a km or so, not a mile or a "couple of miles". :-)
A recent experience, January 2017.
I have two options for my upcoming EU-GRU-BOG flights. GRU-BOG is on Avianca (Business) which departs T2. Both EU-GRU options arrive T3... either Lufthansa (First) with a 2h0m connection or Swiss (First) with a 1h15m connection. Is the T3 to T2 walk still 15 minutes or so and is there any security check along the way?

Last edited by SFO777; Mar 17, 19 at 3:40 pm
Old Feb 3, 20, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
I have two options for my upcoming EU-GRU-BOG flights. GRU-BOG is on Avianca (Business) which departs T2. Both EU-GRU options arrive T3... either Lufthansa (First) with a 2h0m connection or Swiss (First) with a 1h15m connection. Is the T3 to T2 walk still 15 minutes or so and is there any security check along the way?
any recent experience? is 15min walk accurate?
Old Feb 3, 20, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by swaigiux View Post
any recent experience? is 15min walk accurate?
Should take between 10-20 minutes on both the airside and the landside connections between T3 and T2 at GRU. Speaking from personal experience, as GRU is my home airport
swaigiux likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: