Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge at GIG: AA or BA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Oneworld
Which lounge at GIG: AA or BA?

Flying to LHR on Sunday night from GIG Terminal 2. Any tips on which lounge I should visit? I went to the Plaza Premium in December and that was fine but I was not that struck by the place. Is the Admirals Club any better or worse? I have access to both.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
It's much of a muchness. Plaza Premium might have a slightly larger variety of food, and perhaps of higher quality. I think the booze is not self-serve at Plaza premium whereas it is at Admirals Club.

Admirals Club looks better IMA but would be crowded betweem 7-9 PM as it's smaller and would have the MIA and JFK flights leaving close together, whereas Plaza Premium which now takes LATAM passengers would have its attendance more spread out.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, NW Plat, UA 2P
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Flying to LHR on Sunday night from GIG Terminal 2. Any tips on which lounge I should visit? I went to the Plaza Premium in December and that was fine but I was not that struck by the place. Is the Admirals Club any better or worse? I have access to both.
Brian: We left from GIG last Wed night (Mar 8), and went into the Admirals Club at about 6:30pm or so. I found a good selection of hot foods (2 entrees, I think, beef & chicken, both surprisingly good!), 2 soups, as well as cheeses, cold cuts, finger sandwiches & various desserts. The quality of the pao de queijo, which I used to love, has quite deteriorated. My partner went over to the Plaza Premium to check it out, and returned to say that we would stay right there in the Admirals Club because the sparse selection of food in the Plaza Premium was more in the line of finger snacks, and not particularly tempting. As usual, the wine selection in the AC is quite challenged, although self-pouring. This is very similar to our experiences with these two lounges we have had in the past. Of course, YMMV, but I hope this helps.

Edit: I just checked with my partner to get a more detailed description. Here goes: The following food was available in Plaza Premium: "dried-up" pasta with a red sauce; roasted sweet potatoes & roasted white potatoes; soup, at the hot station. Salad fixings at the cold station. Nacho chips with unattractive-looking dip. 2 desserts - pudim & cake. Wine and liquor poured by attendant. Much nicer ambience than Admirals Club, but a lot less attractive in the food available. Again, YMMV!!

Last edited by MeVoy; Mar 11, 2017 at 12:12 pm Reason: Expand answer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.