Reload this Page >

Sao Paulo airports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sao Paulo airports

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mike1978
Thanks Rafka!

That's helpful. When I asked in the LATAM office, the guy there showed me that there were 32 seats on one of the earlier LATAM flights, and 11 on another, so hopefully between the two, there should be room?

If I came to the airport at 8am, would that usually be early enough to score one of the spare seats?
Good news: you're now able to do the procedure online (you need to be checked in online). I assume you would be able to do it just after midnight, thus guaranteeing your earlier flight well in advance. You wouldn't be able to change to a GRU flight though:

https://www.latam.com/flight-anticipation/
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:04 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
You're catching the mid-late traffic, it will take 2-3 hours to get from CGH-GRU. Last time I traveled on a Friday it took me 3 hours to get to GRU and I live fairly close to CGH. If you can get a taxi, it will help IN the city, but once you hit the Marginal all bets are off.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Well, managed to sort it in that after a fair amount of pleading, begging, un-British standing there in the way until they did something, space was found on a flight that has taken me straight to the same airport as my evening flight.
Only downside is I have 10 hours in the airport to deal with, so hotel or VIP lounge it must be. And I could not get to my Brasilia meeting, which was the sole reason for flying from Belo H to there in the first place.

But never mind, I will make the London flight, main thing.

Thanks for all the contributions, never seen this forum before until someone over Thorntree tipped me off about it. Great place, will come again!

Cheers all.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by mike1978
A few flights were booked all together by our company travel agent.
Your company travel agent should take up another profession.
That's the last I would use them for any international flight, maybe outside of the more well-known European routes.

Good luck.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:44 am

60 mins GRU intl-intl T3-T2 connection possible?

Hi everyone,
I'm looking at booking a flight that involves a 60 minute intl-intl connection from T3-T2 at GRU (which is the MCT). Itinerary would be JNB (SA) GRU (ET) EZE. It's a reward ticket on Star Alliance and it's the only option I get...there's a TK flight 25 mins later from the same terminal that SA arrives at, but it's never available. How realistic is it to make this connection? It probably doesn't help that the SA flight is regularly 20-30 minutes late. This would be part of a larger itinerary that involves flying from EZE to LIM on AV the next day, and I just don't want to get stuck in GRU and then everything gets moved up by a day and I lose hotel bookings etc. I know there's a direct GRU-LIM flight on AV, but that's also never available.

Thanks for your advice!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YXSflyer
Hi everyone,
I'm looking at booking a flight that involves a 60 minute intl-intl connection from T3-T2 at GRU (which is the MCT). Itinerary would be JNB (SA) GRU (ET) EZE. It's a reward ticket on Star Alliance and it's the only option I get...there's a TK flight 25 mins later from the same terminal that SA arrives at, but it's never available. How realistic is it to make this connection? It probably doesn't help that the SA flight is regularly 20-30 minutes late. This would be part of a larger itinerary that involves flying from EZE to LIM on AV the next day, and I just don't want to get stuck in GRU and then everything gets moved up by a day and I lose hotel bookings etc. I know there's a direct GRU-LIM flight on AV, but that's also never available.

Thanks for your advice!
Is it all ticketed under the same PNR? If so, it would be their (whichever airline issued the ticket) to put you on an onward flight if you miss your original connection.

That being said, my guess is 60 min is nearly impossible - even 85 mins would be tight.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa
Is it all ticketed under the same PNR? If so, it would be their (whichever airline issued the ticket) to put you on an onward flight if you miss your original connection.

That being said, my guess is 60 min is nearly impossible - even 85 mins would be tight.
Thank you for confirming my doubts about this connection. Yes, it would all be on one PNR, but I'm worried about a lot of finger-pointing and shrugging when this flight is missed. The ticket would be issued by Aeroplan (so Air Canada 014 ticket stock). The inbound to GRU is on SA, the next flight to EZE on ET. If I miss the flight, the SA people will probably say talk to ET, but once their flight is gone, they probably are too. The next day the flight from EZE to LIM is on AV, so ideally I'd then get rebooked on the 6am GRU-LIM AV direct flight, but I could see how AV would say they neither caused the misconnect nor were the onward carrier, so why should they rebook us. If we're forced to just delay everything by 24 hours, then that would really mess with the onward plans (such as hotels, train tickets etc in Peru).
It's too bad that this is the only connection I can get. I would book the TK flight 25 mins later as it's at least from the same terminal at GRU, but like I said, never available. I'm not sure if this connection is worth the risk, especially as one of the travellers on a Canadian passport would have to get a visa just in case the flight is missed since otherwise he's stuck airside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.