Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to buy Champagne in Rio?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Where to buy Champagne in Rio?

I am flying from Punta del Este via VCP to SDU in a few days. I need champagne which I can buy at duty free in PDP ($45), and I think on arrival in VCP ($65?), but prefer not to check in bags.

Is it possible to buy champagne in Rio at reasonable cost?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I would go to Gran Cru in Leblon, Safra Wine Store in Copacabana, and in Barra at the New York City Shopping center there are a few wine stores in the area. Cost wise you maybe better off buying a sparkling from Chile or Argentina.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:36 pm

The standard champagne (espumante) is Brut and can be purchased at any grocery store really for about 75 reais. Its totally fine to my unsophisticated taste buds.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Any of the Zona Sul shops (it's a chain of stores called Zona Sul, rather than any shop in the area defined as zona sul). Otherwise, Deli Delicia is a high-end chain. There is no cheap champagne in Brazil; expect to pay well over the price you can get in Europe or the US.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by erik123
I am flying from Punta del Este via VCP to SDU in a few days. I need champagne which I can buy at duty free in PDP ($45), and I think on arrival in VCP ($65?), but prefer not to check in bags.
Note that there are no restrictions on carrying liquids on domestic flights in Brazil, so you would be able to buy your duty free champagne in Uruguay and take it as carry-on all the way through to SDU. FYI a bottle of Veuve Clicquot in Rio will cost you at least U$100.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:16 am

Brazilian sparkling wine can be very good and at acceptable prices ( Cave Geisse is my favorite ). For champagne expect to pay roughly double the cost of US or Europe.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RafKa
Note that there are no restrictions on carrying liquids on domestic flights in Brazil, so you would be able to buy your duty free champagne in Uruguay and take it as carry-on all the way through to SDU. FYI a bottle of Veuve Clicquot in Rio will cost you at least U$100.
Thanks to all. Very helpful. It's a gift so needs to be the French kind.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by pvdecastro
For champagne expect to pay roughly double the cost of US or Europe.
Actually more than triple in comparison to France and Belgium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.