Community
Wiki Posts
Search

booking brazil domestic flight, CPF ,foreign credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

booking brazil domestic flight, CPF ,foreign credit card

I did the search and did not find current post about booking domestic ticket in brazil. Is is still same situation as before that booking domestic flight need CPF and brazil credit card?

Last edited by travel69; Jun 22, 2015 at 5:40 pm
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
I doubt it? We flew multiple TAM segments booked from the US with zero issues.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:28 pm

Depends on which airline afaik.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

it was mentioned in past post, TAM has high fare in US site, some other airline cannot using oversea credit , must using papal?
what is current situation? nobody discuss this issue anymore.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:40 pm

You can use a local TA to book your domestic flights. I can recommend one that works for several multinational US companies and that I´ve used a lot to book trips from friends from abroad. PM me if of interest.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by travel69
it was mentioned in past post, TAM has high fare in US site, some other airline cannot using oversea credit , must using papal?
what is current situation? nobody discuss this issue anymore.
Hm, I personally have replied in 4-5 threads about this very topic in the last months (mostly in Other South american airlines forum). You either choose US site and pay with your US credit card, or choose Brazilian site and pay with Paypal. Easy, no CPF required.
The prices in the US site are not always higher, sometimes they are even lower than the BR site.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
I found a cheap ticket on a brazilian OTA 123milhas and it wont let me buy without CPF, cant find that fare else where and it's a ticket from Canada to colombia. Does anyone know if I can make up a CPF or if there is any way around it?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by tdot_guy
Does anyone know if I can make up a CPF or if there is any way around it?
I don’t know the consequences of supplying a fake cpf, there are many online fake cpf generating programs, including https://www.4devs.com.br/gerador_de_cpf

Good Luck!
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Thanks for your response. Is anyone familiar with 123 milhas?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:50 pm

They advertise like crazy on tv. I never bought a ticket from them. The complaints website gives them a good rating ( https://www.reclameaqui.com.br/empresa/123-milhas/ )
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by boboqui
I don’t know the consequences of supplying a fake cpf, there are many online fake cpf generating programs, including https://www.4devs.com.br/gerador_de_cpf

Good Luck!
If you’re staying there for a few weeks then it’s worth to just spend a few hours doing it the legal way while there or doing it at home.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
Thanks for your response. Is anyone familiar with 123 milhas?
With 123milhas you pay someone to buy you an award ticket with their miles. So the award change/cancellation rules apply. That makes the ticket almost unchangeable. Say I have 50000 miles and buy a ticket for you, then you need to change the date, but the new date costs more. I, however, do not have more miles, so need to pay a fine and cancel. Not good. Also, the purchase is not immediate, not sure if the account owner's action is required or something.
The airlines have imposed restrictions on how many people you can buy and award ticket for (to limit exactly this kind of trades), and that is controlled by CPF, not name. Also, in Brasil the CPF is checked when making online purchases, along with the billing address. So, if the website does not accept foreign credit cards you may not be able to pay, as you do not have a valid CPF, linked to your credit card.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:34 am

Azul at least requires CPF when booking in the domestic (Brazilian Portuguese) website plus a Brazilian mobile number, but not when switching language to something else. However, the price for the same seat was 60% higher compared to the domestic website. I complained to them, and they responded that this is due to the government (ANAC) regulations. This claim is ........, since I checked the government rules myself and they only require the airline to collect passenger identity and at least one contact point (phone number or e-mail address), but there's no requirement whatsoever that those should be Brazilian.

The airlines are doing this so they can do price discrimination against foreigners (or even Brazilians like myself who live abroad and don't have a local mobile number).

In my case, to use the domestic website and the cheaper prices, I had to fill the form using my own CPF but use a relative's mobile number and residential address (the form won't allow me to proceed using my foreign mobile number nor my foreign residential address). However, once the form was pleased, I was able to pay using my foreign credit card (with the same name but a completely different billing address — which I never had to provide).

Last edited by lbschenkel; Jan 10, 2022 at 7:40 am
Old Jan 11, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Find a friend with a BR mobile phone (or get a use a hotel's phone?). As for CPF - you can obtain one from receita, though it's not a super straightforward process.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:23 am

Whatever you do, avoid Kiwi.com whose link shows up in google flights.

Originally Posted by boboqui
AVOID!

I had the same difficulty buying tickets at the TAM website and on Trip.com, so I bought the tickets on 11/15 on kiwi.com.

Today I called because there still was no ticket number, the result was that the “confirmed” reservation was not ticketed and now they wanted to charge me today’s price, 5X the original amount.

Email #1:

Reserva xxx: A sua reserva está confirmada
Kiwi.com <[email protected]>
Mon 11/15/2021 3:16 PM

Email #2:

Reserva xxx: O preço da sua viagem subiu
Kiwi.com <[email protected]>
Tue 11/23/2021 10:33 AM

Lamentamos, mas a transportadora aumentou o preço da sua viagem antes de podermos fazer a reserva.

Se quiser manter esta reserva com o preço mais elevado, faça o pagamento da diferença.
Preço original:
766.03 BRL
Novo preço:
3790 BRL A diferença de preço é 3023.97 BRL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.