Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for early check-in advice on GRU day stay hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Looking for early check-in advice on GRU day stay hotel

Here's the deal - I'll be arriving GRU at 6:15am and have a near 12 hour layover until my next flight - also international. I'd like to get an airport hotel for day use and as such I see a number of affordable rates.

My fear is in making a reservation and then finding out that I can't check in until 2:00pm.

Thus the question:

Does anyone here know of an airport hotel nearby Guarulhos Airport that

1. Has a complimentary airport shuttle

and

2. Will come pick me up in the early morning and allow me to check in at 7:00am-ish

The hotels I've identified as affordable for me are:

Slaviero Executive Guarulhos

Hotel Panamby Guarulhos

Bristol Internacional Hotel

Monreale Hotels Guarulhos

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:16 am

I got a day room at the Bristol, with morning check-in and afternoon check-out but it's been a few years. Had to contact them directly. You have a Brazilian visa, I assume.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:27 pm

Slaviero or Bristol are your best bets. Probably have to contact them directly for a day room reservation.

The Pullman ( former Ceaser Park ) it`s closer to the airport and shows a rate of around $120 for a normal one night reservation.

There`s also the Fast Sleep located inside terminal 2. http://www.fastsleep.com.br/en/

Last edited by pvdecastro; Apr 22, 2015 at 12:34 pm
Old May 3, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold
I booked the Marriott for day use on the 24th for $150.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Life Gold, Hyatt Dmd, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I just returned from MR to GRU and made $50 overnight reservation at Bristol through Hotels.com which indicated noon check-in (even though hotel website said 2pm). When I called Bristol, they offered a day rate, but I think it was slightly more than the overnight rate (my Portuguese is horrible). I arrived in T3, but the shuttle only departs from T2 at the half hour (9:30, 10:30, etc) with break at lunch - schedule is on hotel website, takes about 15 min to hotel. I should have just walked from T3 to T2 but took the long way around in the terminal shuttle. Hotel was ok, clean enough, hot shower, decent wifi. Pool was disappointing and didn't use...looked bigger in pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.