11hr connection GRU, Fast Sleep?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:27 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
11hr connection GRU, Fast Sleep?

I arrive on UA from the USA at 9:30AM and depart on UA at 9PM back to the USA (mileage run). I wanted to grab a few hours of sleep. I looked online and there is a Fast sleep airport hotel in both the national and international terminals.
When I arrive, do I need to clear customs/immigration? will I have access to the international Fast Sleep, or should I book a hotel like the Marriott?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat, PreCheck
You have to go through customs and immigration. A couple of years ago, it was across the large open area from where you came out of immigration. I tried to make a reservation but never got a response so I just walked in. I had to wait about twenty minutes for a room but it was quite nice to be able to sleep. The rooms don't have bathroom or sinks but there are toilets available inside the facility. It's just a pain to have to get dressed to wander out to pee. There are also hotels in the nearby town that offer a day rate and that have a shuttle bus to the airport. I used one of them once and it was reasonably priced and quite nice. Of course, I can't remember the name of where I stayed now.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:04 pm

Off topic but I'm always trying to get to brazil for cheap. What kind of MR deal did you get?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:19 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by SF Traveler
You have to go through customs and immigration. A couple of years ago, it was across the large open area from where you came out of immigration. I tried to make a reservation but never got a response so I just walked in. I had to wait about twenty minutes for a room but it was quite nice to be able to sleep. The rooms don't have bathroom or sinks but there are toilets available inside the facility. It's just a pain to have to get dressed to wander out to pee. There are also hotels in the nearby town that offer a day rate and that have a shuttle bus to the airport. I used one of them once and it was reasonably priced and quite nice. Of course, I can't remember the name of where I stayed now.
Ah OK. I did stay there before (in Dec when we arrived early before our day trip) so I did have to exit the terminal, but I was unsure if I had to exit when I'm just connecting.

Originally Posted by nsummy
Off topic but I'm always trying to get to brazil for cheap. What kind of MR deal did you get?
From Europe to GRU via a stopover in ORD to see the family. Not realy a great MR but it was the same price as just flying to ORD to see the family.

ORD-GRU-EWR-AMS with under 12hr conx allowing for 1 SWU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.