Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

is there a all you can fly within Brazil ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:19 am
Rus
Original Poster

heard from my friend that there is a all-you-can-fly airline ticket? I search but can not find it

not sure if he is smoking some good stuff....
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
I found the TAM Brazilian Airpass information by doing a search. If your plan is to use this during the WC, you may want to ask before buying. My guess would be all the fare buckets available to Airpass holders have already been sold out.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:58 am

As jfidler has said your friend is probably referring to the Tam Airpass. It is not, however, unlimited.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
They do let you pay more for a higher fare basis. For the World Cup presumably you'd want to pay for the highest fare basis possible to assure a seat.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:52 am

Both TAM and GOL have an airpass, with a minimum of 4 legs iirc. They have to be purchased with your international flight, outside Brazil. You can pay to add legs. You must schedule your flights at the time of purchase of the pass afaik. Unless you are flying from one end of the country to another, often buying individual flights is more cost effective these days. And the passes are not valid during the WC.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: all
not unlimited but like the other guys mentioned you need to buy segments. BTW they are special category and availability is not assured..they are not full Y coupons

There used be a Mercosur Air Pass as well...don't know if it exists anymore
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
Unless you are flying from one end of the country to another, often buying individual flights is more cost effective these days
I am planning my Brazil trip for early 2015 - with GRU, GIG, IGU and MAO on the list. Would you think that airpass will be better option than individual flights in this case, or I will need to add flights for airpass to make sense?

AX
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:51 pm

It's really unclear to me if domestic fares will come back down to "normal" between the WC and the Olympics, so it is a bit tricky to do the calculations right now. Domrstic fares are usually the lowest if purchased well ahead, though.
Domestic carriers include TAM, GzoL, Azul, and Avianca Brazil, so check those flights on their sites. Also try to get an idea of where the MAO and IGU flights route through; flights most probably will not be direct.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
" Segments flown with the Airpass will accumulate 20% of the full points value under the TAM Fidelidade Frequent Flyer Program." I think I'll stick to regular tickets.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:34 pm

AX9465 - assuming you are only needing 4 flights in total then I would say purchasing individual flights would make better sense (especially if you book a long way in advance as previously said). Book far enough in advance and you might be able to grab flights from around $45 USD each!

Pantanal - Mercosur is now a subsidiary of TAM so I would guess that their airpass would have been folded into TAM.s
Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by moronic50
AX9465 - assuming you are only needing 4 flights in total then I would say purchasing individual flights would make better sense (especially if you book a long way in advance as previously said). Book far enough in advance and you might be able to grab flights from around $45 USD each!

Pantanal - Mercosur is now a subsidiary of TAM so I would guess that their airpass would have been folded into TAM.s
I travel intra brasil all the time. quite honestly best deal is using miles if you can get the avaiability

use LAN km for short flights gru/cgh - rio etc..very low distance based mile charts

for longer flights you can use AA/UA miles on TAM or Delta on Gol (20k miles for return anywhere GOL flies in south America)
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by moronic50

thanks...
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Originally Posted by pantanal
I travel intra brasil all the time. quite honestly best deal is using miles if you can get the avaiability

use LAN km for short flights gru/cgh - rio etc..very low distance based mile charts

for longer flights you can use AA/UA miles on TAM or Delta on Gol (20k miles for return anywhere GOL flies in south America)

HOw many LAN KM + USD do you need for ex SAO - SSA or Belo Horizonte?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.