Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Right time to visit Brazil

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Right time to visit Brazil

I am planning to visit Brazil with my family. What is the right time to visit and what are the nice places to visit?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:34 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Moving this thread to the Brazil forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:39 am

If you could be more specific in what you´re looking for and what you want to do, and do a search on the forums beforehand I´m sure a lot a people might be able to help you.

Please bear in mind that Brazil is bigger than the 48 contiguous states of the US, so a few more details are needed.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:27 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Are you interested in beach, nature, wildlife, local culture? The best place and time depends on what you are looking for.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:56 pm

Keep in mind that Brazil is as large as the continental United States, so there's no way to give all the possible nice places to visit in the space available here. There are several good guide books available (e.g., Lonely Planet guide to Brazil). Flights aren't cheap, so distances and available time are important considerations. You don't give any details regarding how much time you'd have, what you want to do, what places you may already have in mind (why are you going to Brazil, anyway?), budget factors, etc. For flights you might consider looking into getting a Brazil air pass, which you'd need to buy before you leave your home country.

For seasons, it does of course make a difference exactly where you're going. We're in the northeast (Fortaleza) where the temps don't vary alot throughout the year, though there is usually more rain Jan-March or April. In the south, including Rio and Sao Paulo, but especially south of there, it can get a bit cold in the winter. If you plan to go to the Pantanal or Amazon, you may want to avoid the rainier seasons (guide books will have details). There are seasons in terms of costs, as well. I couldn't tell you all of the possible vacation periods, but I can say that the peak times for international visitors, in terms of numbers of tourists and costs, are New Years and Carnaval. In Rio, particularly, you will run into higher than normal rates, and minimum stay requirements, both for New Year's Eve and Carnaval. If you really want to be there for one of these events, be prepared. In general I'd suggest going in "slower" seasons, such as after Carnaval, October, etc.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:16 am

Programs: Smiles Diamante, dirt elsewhere
As others said, that evidently depends on where you want to go. If you decide to come to Rio, I've always enjoyed it better in May. Not too hot, not too cold, doesn't rain much, not many tourists around, usually clean sunny days that you can enjoy at the beach. And unless you're coming specifically for Carnival or New Year, avoid that like the plague.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:45 pm

Fortaleza and the Nordeste were solid, hot torrential rain this year, this April-May.

During the three weeks I was there on business, there were 2 days of limited sunshine. Potholes in the roads and highways were best described by locals as " car devouring craters. "

Flying South into to Sao Paulo, it was more rain, but jacket weather. This made the business suit a little more comfortable. TAM GA staff for the outbound flight back to Europe had winter wool overcoats on.

As mentioned, your destination city and time of year might produce more informative results for you. Carnival in Rio for 2012 is already booked quite solid regarding hotels: One can still get there, but finding a place to stay is another matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.